40

"Welcome to crackhead wasteland

"Welcome to crackhead wasteland." Sarah said as they pulled up to the trailer park. River glanced to JJ who was currently driving the van. His jaw was clenched the whole time and his knuckles had turned white due to how tight his grip on the steering wheel was.

"I don't know about this man." Pope muttered anxiously.

"Dude, why are we at Barry's." John B questioned as JJ opened the van door.

"This will only take a second." JJ said as he got out of the van and headed towards the trailer. River looked around at her friends who all shared the same confused expression.

"Where are you going?" John B shouted to him.

"Yo soy justicia." JJ said fluently. River found it so hot when he spoke in Spanish, it was rare but it happened.

"Should someone go with him?" She questioned anxiouly.

"Did you glean anything from that?" Pope questioned as he opened the side door to lean out.

"You should go to him Ve." Sarah said placing her hand on her cousins shoulder.

River nodded, stepping over Pope and Kie to get out of the van. "Let's go." John B said as he also got out of the van.

John B slung his arm around River and pulled her head into his chest before ruffling her hair up slightly. She pushed him away with a smile. "Good job back there." He mumbled as they walked into the trailer.

"J?" River whispered as she watched the boy tear the place apart. He was looking for drugs or money or something. Anything. Anything he could steal to piss Barry off and get his own back.

"Yeah so what's your plan, slick?" John B questioned curiously.

"Well, as thou hath stealeth from us, we shall stealeth from ye." JJ said, John B looked confused but River understood what the blonde boy meant.

"Yeah that kind of got lost in translation." John B admitted .

"And eye for an eye John B." JJ said in simpler terms, with a small shrug.

"JJ, this is a bad idea." River tried to continue but John B cut her off. River wanted to reach out for JJ, pull him into her arms and reassure him that everything's okay, that he doesn't need to do this.

"Yeah that's great JJ. But what happens after you rob a drug dealer, huh? He knows who we are!" John B stood in front of JJ.

"I'm not scare off this guy." JJ pushed John B away.

"He knows who River is." John B said, JJ paused. He thought about everything, whether him robbing Barry would be worth it. But he wouldn't let any harm happen to River. Not now, not ever. And if anyone ever laid a finger on the girl he would kill them.

"JJ dont-please." River begged as he walked into the bedroom, following him.

"There we go." He smiled happily as he looked into a bag. He tipped the bag upside down and out fell wads of money.