Chapter 25

It's already twelve noon, we've been under the sun for over two hours already, from my wrist watch my eyes drew to my skin. My skin tone gradually turned darker even when I already applied a thick amount of sunblock all over.

"Give me your arm." I asked him. Confused but he still held out his hand, I placed mine besides his comparing the difference.

"Why's your skin like this? I look like a roasted duck but your skin is still the same!" I exaggerated, his skin turned pink as if he was just under the sun for 20 minutes tops!

He chuckled and his hands went to his cheeks.

"My face is getting tanned though." I gave him a quizzical look.

"Are you serious right now?" His face barely got as pink as his arms! He mischievously laughed and looked up, his hand covering his eyes from the rays of the brimming sun.

"It's noon already, let's get you something to eat." Now that he mentioned it my tummy is feeling hallow. Thinking about the food that we've prepared got my glands produce more saliva under my cheek. He went down the raft with a jump and his head submerged then after, combing his wet hair back and rubbed his face of sea water. I was about to go down when his fingers stopped my legs from stepping down.

My face blushed as my eyes widened.

"I'll just pull the raft with the rope. Stay." He avoided my gaze and turned to his side to search for the rope as I sat with my feet together and I placed my arms on my knee bringing my face on top of it.

He wasn't that red earlier, why is his neck and ears so red again?

He started to pull the rope as he swam, the raft slowly drifted with the wave making it easy for him to maneuver it. A small smile appeared on my lips as I saw him put on a serious expression as he pull the rope.

"Faster! I'm hungry!" Laughing I shouted at him. I pouted as my face sulked on my arms above my knees, he shortly turned to me and nodded and continued to pull the raft closer to the shore.

We were moving faster now, I can now see our friends at the shore. Some were playing on the sand, burying their lower body and molded a mermaids tail, some were just taking pictures at the side while only a few were left in the waters.

The water level is at the waist now but he was still pulling the raft.

"Sehun, I can come down here." I told him.

"I will take you to the shore. It's light anyway." He said, rolling the rope around his palm which is already leaving red marks on it, I reached out to the rope and shook it. When he turned to me I stopped shaking the rope.

"I'm not asking you. I'm going down." I slowly slid myself to the side without even waiting for his reply, my fingers got a hold of the bamboo pieces and push myself to the corner being careful not to tip the raft. Before I could even let my feet touch the water a shadow cast over me. I looked up to see him already standing in front of me, my eyes cast a glance at his hands laid out.

"Let's go?"

"Ah." I closed my mouth and quickly held his hand, he assisted me going down on the raft. I carefully jumped and felt the rough surface beneath my feet, we then started to walk,  his hand still holding mine until we reached the shore.

"YOU were all over each other." Minnie repeated, I looked sideways and I slapped her arm that was sunburnt, leaving an imprint on it.

"What?!" She gaped in pain, running her hand over her arm. I rolled my eyes and lift my hand, warning her.

"I told you to shut up." I stuck my tongue out. She pouted and run her finger across her mouth and aced to throw something.

"Fine, I'll stay quiet!" Still massaging her arm he looked at me accusingly. "A lot of us saw you there, but why am I the only one getting hurt?"

"I just like to."

"Wow, you're really mean." Looking at here hands with my print,I felt guilt. I reached something out of my bag and took my Aloe vera lotion.

"Use this, it relieves sunburn."

"Thank you." Getting a generous amount she applied the lotion herself. I turned to the mirror and applied some in my face and arms too.

"Sej."

"Hm?"

"We all know he likes you, when will you accept his feelings? I feel sorry for him, though I hate his guts sometimes." She hissed.

I stopped applying the lotion and gave her a glimpse.

"I like him." I confessed. Her eyes grew big and her face leaning closer.

"Did you tell him?!" She squealed excitedly, her hands covering her mouth as she closed her eyes.

"I didn't tell him."

"What?" Her squealing stopped, her hands dropped to her side.

"Why?" I said, anticipating her question. She nodded her head, her wet hair slopped on the side of her face.

"I'm not sure if we'll work out." I'm a coward. "We're both so young too." I reasoned. She tilt her head and shot me a confused look.

"Okay, I understand that you're still young. But Sej, you're not sure you'll work out?" A small smirk appeared at the corner of her lips.

"I'm not sure I can believe that." I cleared my throat and closed the lotion shoving it inside my bag.

"It doesn't matter whether you believe or not." I said in a stiff voice. A small chuckle escaped her mouth.

"Sej, how can you be so sure that you'll not 'work out' " She quoted. "You haven't even tried to make it work, why are you so sure?"

"I..." unable to find any words, I paused.

We will not work out because I'm not sure how the novel with run now. Everything changed, what if the moment we'll step on high school it would disregard the changes and tear my pages out?

What if I'll go back to the hated villainess, what if he'll start to ignore and hate me like the original plot and fall for the heroine?

"Sej." Minnie's voice drew me back from my thoughts.

My mouth parted, then should I take a chance?

If ever it really happens, shouldn't I just enjoy myself before it does? A memory for myself to cherish, is it?

The corner of my eyes started to get heavy as I felt my heart squeezed tighter inside my chest, it's suffocating.

"Sej? You okay?"

Can I really have this chance for myself atleast? A chance to be a heroine and to make my own choices.

A chance to be loved by him?

The moment I blinked my eyes, warm liquid fell from my cheeks to my chin. I looked at Minnie, I opened my mouth.

"Should I?" Worried, she took me in her arms. My head hanging on her shoulder as her arms covered me.

"Hm?" She asked, softly patting my back as tears continued to fall.

"Should I try?"