Chapter 17

Second Person POV

"A generator? A-are you for real?" He asked completely bewildered. From outside the hut, Senku could hear Gen blabbering about how there would be no possible way they were going to be able to build a generator.

"Hey, Chrome, you have native copper," Senku stated holding the mineral in his hands. "It's pretty I don't want to break it," Chrome replied.

"We'll melt it down to make copper wire," he said ignoring Chrome's last statement. "He's not even listening, damn."

"That's just how Senku is, the moment he sets his mind on something he's not going to listen to anyone till it's done," you giggled.

"Now if only we got some lightning."

And just like in the movies as soon as he said that thunder could be heard outside of the hut. Stepping out of the hut every current member of the kingdom of science gathered around. "We actually got lightning," Suika smiled looking up at the sky.

"Well, it is thunderstorm season. We're so lucky!" Stepping in Senku seemed astonished.

"No idiot! This is the worst-case scenario! We aren't prepared at all!" Senku yelled grabbing everyone's attention. "You guys aren't making a lightning generator, are you?" Gen questioned.

"We can make the generator if you have magnets," you answered.

"I still have the iron sand that we got," Suika held the iron sand that was still attached to the magnet. "The natural stuff isn't anywhere near strong enough. We're going to catch the lightning with an iron rod and make a high power magnet with the power of science. I was going to put up a stupid number of lightning rods, but we can't pass up this opportunity. We're going to get set up immediately. Kohaku's shield is coated with lacquer, it's somewhere in the village, someone go find it."

As soon as Suika heard that she rushed through the village rushing around trying to find where this 'lacquer' was placed. While she was doing that Chrome and yourself began filling up another mould with the melted iron.

When that was done you look towards the bridge to see Suika running up to you with the liquid.

"Thanks Suika," you thanked the small girl inform of you.

Handing the lacquer to Senku he took it from your hands. "Lacquer is a crazy good insulator. Coat the rods with it."

Doing as you said you dipped your hands in the lacquer coating the rods with it. Handing over the solidified lacquer rods to Senku he began rapping it in the copper string. "Wrap around the solidified copper all around the iron."

Jumping up Kohaku looked towards the bridge, as she did so she clenched her fist. "Shoot, it's Magma! He's not one to listen to reason. We're going to have to fight them!"

"We're screwed if we have to go to war with the village right now-"

Stepping up Gen stepped in front of Senku, he had wanted to see the end result in which Senku wanted to achieve, so there was no way some spinless bimbo was going to get in the way of that. "I'd rather not get killed in the process so please, have my back. Can I have a bouquet of flowers Suika? he questioned as he turned around to face the enemy.

"Have his back? Why would I want his back?" Kohaku whispered.

"It's an expression," you replied. Still looking confused she chose to ignore it. Handing Gen a bunch of flowers he began walking towards the enemy. Holding out his hands Gen showed the flowers to the enemy with a smile on his face.

"Why the hell is that sly guy holding flowers," one questioned. Ignoring him Gen pretended to play the role of some sort of mystical creature brought down from the heavens.

"Were you the one who summoned the anger of the heavens?"

"You have balls coming to me to get yourself killed."

"Oh, no, no, no, It's the other way around. We're here to stop the lightning with our sorcery," he said.

"Quit talking out of your ass."

"Like this," Gen stated lowly.

The disappearing flower trick. A trick where once the audience in front of you sees the flowers in front of your hands and watches them disappear in an instant. Technically this was just a cheap trick but to Magma and his friends, it was like some sort of demon came up to haunt them.

Grumbling Magma clicked his tongue before turning around and leaving with his friends.

...

Deciding it would be best, you, Senku, Chrome, Gen, and Kohaku began climbing to the top of a mountain. "An old guy named Wasilewski at NASA has already succeeded in an experiment to make magnets using lightning. Chrome this is the fruit for your ten-year exploration," Senku stated as he reached the top of the mountain, quickly standing up, panting slightly.

"That's right, you amazed or what?"

"We're here at the bald mountain. It's the perfect spot for lightning. There's no better place," you said helping Gen up on his feet. 

As Senku began to notice the slight change in the weather he tried to hurry things up. "Set up the rod, quick!"

Unknown to them a certain pair of brothers watched their every movement. "The lightning's closing in!" 

"Crap, we don't have any time to build a tower. Damn it, we still have to get the rod somewhere high, away from the ground," Chrome said fumbling around with the materials.

"If only there was something long we could shove in the ground," you said turning around in the heat of the moment.

Looking back you noticed a golden spear behind a bush. So they followed us, you thought.

When Kinro noticed you eyeing his spear he put it behind his back. "N-no, anything but my spear," he stammered.

In an instant you knocked the spear out of his hands and ran up to Kohaku, taking the string she used to tie her hair, you backflip. In mid-air, you shoved the spear into the ground and tied the rod to it. Landing on your feet you smile, you did that in record timing.

Watching the rod, lighting struck it making a 'boom' noise. Chrome cheered, "Good going (Y/n), that was amazing."

"When we come back you have to teach me how to do that," Kohaku said.

All Senku did was smile at you, "And so the god of lightning descends."

"What's up with you Senku? There's nothing to work within the stone world. Are you seriously going to-" Gen tried to convince Senku that there would be no possible way for any of them to make a generator but Senku was stubborn when he set his mind to something there would be no backing down.

Walking up to the now broken spear Senku held the magnet.

"Electricity born with a bang. This is exhilarating."

Acquired magnet!!