3) Meri Behna? Aa gayi!

Baking Tip for the day: Stale cake shouldn't always be thrown away.

Mansi's POV

I always imagined for a long time, how it would be to finally give back to a person who has hurt you. I mean, we all do that in our heads, don't we?

There's that one person whom for some reason, we absolutely wanna show us off. Tell them in the most subtle manner that they can suck it because we're finally over them.

That's how I planned the meeting with the two people in my life, the two who gave me my first of many panic attacks, first of many sleepless nights, first of many heartaches.

I mean these three years weren't easy, but I've grown a lot. I've graduated, with good grades, got a good paying job and working as a baker which was my dream. So I've not just streaked my hair red, I've painted my life too. And I was so proud of what I've become.

Finall ready to tell them to suck it.

But when the time arrived for me to show myself off, to be the strongest no fucks given girl, I stood frozen. All the mental prep talks I gave myself, standing in the mirror and cheering myself and all ted talks I've given were totally a waste.

Because the moment Janvi knocked my door, and I saw that sister of mine, my strong headedness went for a toss. All I saw was my cousin sister, all grown, mature and...

Present. She was finally present. In front of me. That's my sister.

Janvi Chaudhary.

All the things I've prepared myself for were completely sidetracked because I was seeing my sister after three whole years and my heart started warning up while I saw her, all different.

Janvi had long hair, before and now, and she adored her long hair. Now her hair reached her waist, she had left them lose. She looked happy to see me, but she looked very tired. I could see how dark bags had very firmly taken place under her eyes. She looked mature, more than before, and she was wearing a tail cut kurti over her jeans.

Only she could pull off any look and still look very graceful in it.

The same pendant which I wore as a necklace was on her wrist, as her bracelet

I guess that's the only thing unchanged between us.

For a split second I felt so wonderful, I swear it was like a new kind of blood flowing through my entire body but then quick flashes of last time hit me. And instead of feeling angry or indifference, I felt restlessness and anxious.

Shit. Abort mission.

'Hey?'

Yea, she had a very sweet voice. I had a great voice too you know, but mine was more of a motivational speaker voice and hers was the musical type.

Like when a singer sings, and you get goosebumps.

I composed myself, I am not going to fall for her facade and neither do I want any explanation to anything. I don't want anything off her.

'Yes?'

She hung her head a bit, disappointed on my reaction because I was literally laying on my bed and did not even move an inch. I didn't meet her eyes after that, continued reading my book because it was just lying there and honestly, I didn't know what I was reading.

To think back on those days where I'd run to meet her.

'Mannu!'

'Jaan?'