Chapter 22

"She's awake!" My mom screams.

Good fuck, can't the woman keep her voice down in the damned morning.

I squint my eyes as I try to adjust to the light. My hands are being squeezed and I see Euan and Luca at both my sides, looking at me with worry and regret.

Talk about being bipolar.

I huff as I roll my eyes, then notice that Brent is also in the room.

"What's up?" I question them.

Is there a meeting or something in here? While I'm sleeping?

My mom rushes towards me and sits on the bed. Euan and Luca don't even care to make any efforts to move even a little away from me to give my mom some space.

Yep, totally bipolar. What happened to shutting me off? I huff once again.

"Honey, are you all right?" Mom asks.

"No?" I answer confusedly.

Did the news of our fight got even to my family? Anger starts to rise from within me. I know, I'm still the one at fault. But, they're men for fuck's sake! They shouldn't rant about our relationship problems to everyone while we haven't even properly sorted it out yet!

I sit up abruptly which I regret within a nanosecond. My head pounds painfully as if tiny bits of shattered glasses are pricking every nerve of my sorry brain. I grab hold of my aching head and scream from the pain.

This must be Devil Spring's vodka and wolfsbane's retribution. I think to myself as I curse out loud.

"I'm so never fucking drinking, as in ever again!" I curse again.

And yes, almost everyone with an on-going heavy and painful hangover says that.

"Drinking?!" I think one of my mates roar.

I think it's Luca, since he's the one with the loud mouth – a fucking loud mouth.

"Could you please be a dear and stop with your loud mouth?!" I rasp. "Always fucking shouting and growling right next to my ear!" I angrily mumble the last part.

I don't know why, but even I, myself, know that I'm being so cranky at the moment. And nope, I'm not PMSing.

"You disappear for two fucking weeks because you were out drinking?!" Luca angrily says through gritted teeth.

My head shoots up and I look at him. Like what the fuck?!

"What the fuck's wrong with you?"

Luca stands up from the bed and walks out of the room, and Euan follows him out. I glare at the slammed door.

What a fucking dramatic arse! Always so ill-tempered. Is he trying to be some kind of incredible Hulk copycat?

"Honey, are you really okay?" My mom, who's once again beside me, squeezes my hand. I can see tears threatening to escape her tired eyes.

"Well, not really. But, I don't know... yes?" I'm so confused.

Can't they spare a person with a fucking hangover from the interrogative aftermath of irresponsible drinking?

"What's with the drama?"

"Sweetie, you were gone." She sighs then she inhales deeply before continuing. "You were gone for two weeks." She says in a shaky voice.

"Whoa! I was just drinking last night after we..."