Modeling Part 4

"Red or Purple?" Sophie asked, holding up the dresses in front of Grady and Edaline.

She had been trying to pick a dress for Fitz's Winnowing Gala for what felt like hours, and choosing one from the 20 beautiful dresses she had received from the fashion show felt impossible. She had finally narrowed them down to her two favorites, the purple dress with the slit up the leg, and the red dress with the plunging neckline.

 She had finally narrowed them down to her two favorites, the purple dress with the slit up the leg, and the red dress with the plunging neckline

After Sophie had finally picked the two dresses, she decided to call Grady and Edaline for help, hoping they'd be able to help her pick one

After Sophie had finally picked the two dresses, she decided to call Grady and Edaline for help, hoping they'd be able to help her pick one. Edaline was a very willing participant, giving valid reasons for either dress, and overall, helping Sophie choose between them.

Grady on the other hand, was not.

"Neither." Grady said simply, arms folded on his chest.

Edaline smacked Grady on the shoulder, turning back towards Sophie.

"Don't listen to him Sophie, I think the red one will look really good!"

"You mean the one with the slit that goes all the way down her chest! She might as well just wear no shirt at all then!" Grady said angrily.

Sophie rolled her eyes. "Ok, what about the purple one?"

Grady let out a humorless laugh. "That one has a slit that practically leaves her privates exposed. She might as well wear no pants at all either!"

This was the problem. Grady could find something wrong with practically every dress Sophie had pulled out of her closet, saying they all exposed her in one way or another.

At this point, Sophie was considering showing up dressed as a nun from a convent, the one outfit of hers that Grady would approve of.

"Dad, I'm not a little girl anymore. This was going to happen eventually. These dresses are my two favorites out of all the dresses in my closet." Seeing that Grady wasn't going to budge, Sophie pulled out the one ace in her deck. "Don't you want me to be happy?" She said in a pitiful tone.

Bingo. Grady turned toward her with a sad expression on his face. Hook, line, sinker.

"Of course I do, I'm just not ready to see my little girl grow up yet! And there are going to be so many boys there! Not even counting the worst one of them all!" Grady said angrily.