Asta's in Trouble

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

Opening the door to the office, Julius thanked me as he went in first followed by Yami and I. I laughed at some of Julius's jokes as Yami was smoking next to me. However, I soon slowly stopped laughing as I turned to Julius. He seemed to notice as he blinked at me. I wish I looked that good at 16. That reminds me, I should be turning 20. Everyone has celebrated their own birthday nearly twice yet I forgot my own last year. I stopped my thought train as I talked to Julius.

"A massive war like this, it's going to have major repercussions. The kingdom will definitely be weaker, we've lost a lot of people and our defense prowess will be weaker. People could take advantage of that and since you're younger, people are going to listen to you less " I pointed out to Julius with a finger raised in the air. We should probably try and keep this under wraps however we can. Our resources would be already devastated by the end of this. Yami stiffened as I explained. It seems he didn't catch on to the consequences of such major actions. Julius agreed with me as Asta, Nero, Mimosa and Noelle came into the room.

Noelle seemed confused by why she was being ordered around by someone her age as Asta seemed to have caught onto his Ki. Julius mentioned the first problem that the Magic Emperor was gone but Yami immediately but in saying he was right here which made Asta freak out. The second problem was that Julius had lost most of his grimoir since there was only one page left. Asta asked how he was alive which Julius explained his incognito trips around the kingdom.

Swallowtail, the machine left by an ancient mage combined well with his magic and from Nero's expression, it must've been made by Lumiere. Julius pointed out how the redo doesn't work promptly since this was the oldest he could get but Yami said it was a good thing since not many got a redo in life. Asta cried tears of joy since Julius was alive and told him he gave it his best. Asta then realised me and freaked out as he told everyone to be careful but I reassured him that I was back. He gave me two thumbs up at that as he went in to hug me which I let happen. Julius was amazed and wondered what Nero's magic was before turning to me and doing the same. He was jumping up and down as he wanted to see all I could do.

Thankfully, Yami pulled Julius back as he told him to move things along. Julius told them the third problem would be that the Clover Kingdom would be destroyed by other nations if nothing changed. Another thing was that Asta could die which he freaked out over. I was safe since no one noticed me. Yami held a hand for respect when someone died as he told Asta his predictions were usually accurate. I slapped Yami's arm gently, glaring at him but he only gave a slight smirk in return. Julius explained that the reason was because it was his power was the work of a devil. His horns were just proof of it. A curse known as Weg.

Yami turned to me as he pointed out that I had a weird look too when I was in my semi awakened state. I just shrugged at it before Asta told us his body hurt like crazy after he used that state which made me facepalm because he said it was fine. Mimosa and Noelle pointed out that it wasn't fine. Yami pointed at Asta and told him to stay away from him and me since he didn't want my cooking to get infected with cursed magic. Asta yelled at the captain that his words could hurt people easily as he cried and clinged onto me. I sighed as he I pat his head and tried cheering him up.

Nero had horns too and she explained she had fallen under forbidden magic too since she had to seal the demon in all those years ago before turning into a bird. Julius started talking about the other nations like the Diamond Kingdom which was alright with human experimentation and the Heart which was filled with natural mana which they adapted to. I believe Nature had mention them a few times before since she like that kingdom a lot. The last was the Spade Kingdom which worked with demons. Julius explained since so many had gotten possessed by elves that if they were all put on trial then our Magic Brigade would be weaker than ever so we were very likely under an attack from the Spade.

That kingdom wished to expand their power afterall. This meant Asta was the perfect scapegoat with the demon in his grimoir. Julius turned to me as he sighed and bowed. If I also took the blame fully then definitely no one would be at fault especially with my unnoticeable presence. Asta and Nero would take less blame too. Liar, Patri and the rest would also get no blame at all. Immediately, I agreed to it without hesitation. Julius smiled as he thanked me.

Everyone left the room shortly after that except Julius and I. We sat down face to face as I reawakened my semi awakened state again with the same feeling the first time. The marks must've appeared on my face as flowers and vines grew under me. I suddenly felt more childish. The sudden urge to do silly things came to mind then again I've done quite a lot of silly things. Julius examined my arms and face, grabbing it with his hands.

"Your eyes, the pupils are more dilated. Your teeth have sharper canine, it isn't obvious though. Do you have claws too?!"

"Julius, I'm not a cat and cats have the opposite of dilated pupils."

"Oh..."

Julius spent the rest of his time fawning over my weird tattoos and magic things I could control with needing my grimoir for some of them.  I laughed at his energy to keep studying me. Thankfully, Fuegoleon and Mereoleon rescued me as they told Julius their reports. Mereoleon turned to me and hit me on the head for disappearing in battle as I let out a cry. I held my head with a pout. I saw Fuegoleon and started crying, apologising that they got the stone in the end. He just gave me a pat on the head as he smiled.

"It's alright, you did your best. They even took down the Magic Emperor so it wasn't likely you stood a chance. I'm proud you protected it till the very end."

"T-thank you"

A/N: Fuegoleon's age will be changed to 26 or 27 instead of 30 since there will be a slight age gap but not that big so you all can relax. Thanks for reading and commenting

 Thanks for reading and commenting