Yeah yeah yeah

Awoken by the rays of sunlight that shined a little too brightly for comfort, I lifted the covers over my head, keeping my eyes shut in the hopes that I could continue my much-needed slumber.

I felt myself melting into the mattress. It felt so much softer than I had remembered. The pillows fluffier, the duvet silkier, the entire bed felt roomier than I was used to.

Everything was so warm, so nice, so... comfortable. I wondered how l long it had been since I felt this at peace.

My eyes fluttered open at the thought.

How long has it been?

I threw the bedspread off of my body to see that I was wearing something I definitely didn't own. I normally went to bed either in a tank top and boxer shorts or in my day clothes depending on whether I drank too much the previous night but right now, I was wearing satin teal pajamas covered in seashell designs. It felt too early in the morning to have this much to process even without the confusion surrounding the tacky nightwear.

This isn't my bed. This isn't my bedroom. Where am I?

After the initial shock of having waken up in a new place finally managed to wash away, the memories that I was free of during my harmonious slumber were back and I felt as though I were drowning in them.

I noticed my breathing was almost at the point of hyperventilation, so I took in several deep breaths to calm myself.

The last thing I want to do in this scenario is panic. I had to be smart about this.

After a split second of searching, my eyes landed on a window. I stood up from the bed and quickly yet quietly moved towards it.

Maybe I'll have a better chance of escaping if I climb out through here.

I easily removed the window screen before wrestling with the window itself, trying to figure out how to open it. It was unlocked.

Yes, yes, yes!

No, no, no!

After finally managing to open the window wide enough to climb through, I stuck my head out to find that I was at least three stories high and that there was no way to climb down without a rope.

I looked to the bedsheets and practiced tying them together like in the movies, but the satin fabric slipped undone as soon as even a little pressure was added to the knots.

Curse these soft fucking sheets.

Just as I started to realize that I needed to abandon the window plan, a door entered my vision.

My nerves worsened as I walked towards the small beacon of hope. If I wanted to make it past them in a house I knew nothing about, I ws going to have to be quick in my escape.

My hand reached for the knob. I hesitated, noticing the coldness of the metal before a small bout of courage encouraged me to turn it. I swung the door open more harshly than I had intended but the adrenalin had taken hold and I ran into a fucking closet.

What the fuck? Ow!

I rubbed at my forehead.

As if I wasn't bruised enough already.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I, Y/N, tried to escape by running into the bedroom closet.

Thankfully, the closet was filled with enough clothing that it served as a padding to my idiocy.

Still on the floor of the closet, I waited a few seconds hoping that any noise that may have arisen from my sudden encounter with the closet wall wasn't enough to draw any attention to the fact that I was awake.