Chapter 23: Monsters Exist

"What?"

Rebecca signed her mouth wide open as she just heard Felix's confession.

Felix went over to her house to fill her in on everything that was happening in his life. He needed to tell someone about what was going on in his life. Lucky for him he had Rebecca.

Not only was she a great listener but she was also an amazing friend and good at giving advice.

Felix told her about the kiss and the things he said in text messages and even went further to tell her about his mum finding out and him getting kicked out of the house and having to live with Jason.

So, what are you going to do? She sign her eyebrows furrowed in worry as she leaned closer to Felix.

You could live with me. She stated. It would be great to have you around. It's lonely being an only sibling and my parents are crazy, she signed.

After Felix understood what she was trying to say he kindly declined the offer.

"It's ok, I'll figure it out. I'll just get a job and work until I can afford a small apartment.

Are you going to try to talk to your mum?

Felix became silent as he thought about the question. It didn't really cross his mind reconnecting with his mother. Right now, he was kind of sick of her and no longer wanted to be around that environment anymore. "No." he said. "Not until a long time anyways."

Rebecca sensed the saddening atmosphere and decided to change the subject to lighten up the mood. "So, tell me about your kiss then" Felix smiled thinking about it and began spilling everything that happened in more detail.

.....

Jason got into the car. It was a jeep with black out windows. He wasn't sure what to wear so copied what he'd always seen Thomas wear and wore a suit.

It was quiet when he entered the car for a second it was just him and Thomas.

Thomas was 3 years older and stopped going school because he didn't need it. He already knew that this would be his way of life.

"I'm sorry" he said.

He didn't look at Jason as he said it, but Jason knew what he meant. All though they weren't remarkably close they did have their moments and he seemed to be the person other than Felix that genuinely knew him.

Thomas was apologising because he didn't want Jason to get involved in things like this. He saw him as his little brother and tried to pull as many strings as he possibly could to avoid this happening but there were only so many strings that could be pulled.

Now he had to watch as this young man became just like himself. All Thomas could do was helplessly hope that he would be able to come back from this.

Thomas grabbed onto the steering wheel before driving into their meet up point with a man who couldn't keep up with his payments.

It was a club.

Thomas briefed Jason with the plan before they both went on. If anything had happened this could've landed in a dangerous accident or even worse a death. Before exiting the car, Thomas handed Jason some weapons.

He had two guns, both pistols filled with bullets each and a spear point knife. They both entered the club and the lights immediately blinded Jason. It didn't seem to affect Thomas; he's been here numerous times. But Jason was amazed by the amount of sweaty bodies which were restlessly grinding onto one another as they merged and separated like an on and off couple.

The music blasted through every corner of the room, creating a banging sensation in Jason's ears. On the stage in front of him he saw women half naked swinging and twirling on a pole before landing in a split. He didn't like it here.

He hurriedly followed Thomas who was already through the crowd walking towards a more secluded area. This was a VIP area.

The plan was simple. there was a small chance it would go wrong. The man they needed was surrounded by guards however all of the guards were double agents and would turn against him once given a cue after that he'd been taken outside into an alleyway and killed.

Someone else would come and clean up and life would go on as nothing happened. Thinking about it made Jason grateful all he had to do was pull a trigger.

It's that simple. I can do it. He thought to himself. He needed to overcome his emotions somehow in order to be with Felix. He needed this.

Thomas and Jason sat inside the booth. The music was quieter here and they could hear each other think. The man happily greeted the two men he had no idea what they were actually here for. "Hello, Mr stones men I'm guessing. I know you're here to collect payment but listen.... I'm in a bit of trouble so money's tight. Do you mind if I pay it in a month o summmm" his voice slurred as he talked.

He was tipsy, not completely drunk; he'd sober up when he realised what they were here for. "May I offer you anything?" he said while he pushed a half-naked girl our way.

She immediately latched onto Jason's bicep and started stroking his shoulder up and down. Jason pushed her off. "I guess you don't know why we're here?" Jason said looking at the man. the man's face dropped realising the harsh treatment towards one of his women. He concluded that the men weren't here for no fun. This would've been the third time he's been given a month extension and there was still no payment.

Jason's dad wasn't the kind to forgive however since they were once acquaintances gave him the benefit of the doubt.

"Come outside with us." Thomas said his voice was straightforward and loud enough just for him to hear.

The man immediately shivered and jumped over the couch in an attempt to run away however the guards he brought with him blocked his way before grabbing onto his arm and dragging him outside. The back door wasn't far from the VIP booth and not before long they were outside. the sky was dark and something even darker was going to happen.

The men let the man go once they got outside and left to stand next to Thomas. Thomas looked over to Jason nudging him towards the man.

"you know what to do." he said.

The man who lay on the ground struggling to get up looked at Jason and understood what was happening.

"you're new, aren't you?" he said.

He knew what string to pull to possibly save his life. "You don't want to do this do you? You know after this there is no going back. I'll ruin you forever and everyone you've ever met will see you as a monster."

Hearing this was hard. Jason thought about Felix. he was able to accept that he'd been involved with killing due to his father. But how would he react knowing that he actually killed someone.

Before he noticed the man pulled out a gun and pointed it at Jason pulling the trigger. Jason rolled over onto the ground and immediately the guards around them pulled out their weapons however knew they couldn't shoot.

This was Jason's job.

He was to do this. Jason knew this and pulled out his gun. He pointed it at the man on the ground. He still had a sly smirk on his face. Like he knew Jason wouldn't do it. He was wrong.

BANG.