Chapter 24

Jemma's POV

I drive home so excited and impatient to see my surprise. There are cars in the drive way about 20 cars to be exact and I start to wonder what is going on. I am greeted by Alessandro dressed in a white three piece suit. I am so excited to see my husband I jump into his arms and start kissing him so passionately.

He holds my ass in his big manly hands and starts kneading softly kissing me back with the same passion. "I (kiss) missed (kiss) you (kiss)",I tell him. "I miss you too my angel, right now you need to go upstairs and change. There is a dress waiting for you on our bed" he says to me. " Lily will go with you to help you change"( Lily is my personal helper). I will be waiting for you downstairs and don't be long Jemma."

Lily takes my hand and leads me upstairs. I am so confused right now, I don't know what's happening or what Alessandro has planned but I am happy. There are cars in the driveway which means there are people in our house...guests. I enter the bedroom and Lily stands in front of the sliding doors that have the view of the garden...meaning I can't peep.

On the bed lays the most beautiful white body hugging ( long bodycon) dress I have ever seen. I quickly take a 5 minutes shower and start dressing. After I am done I look expensive, like a billion bucks...a true definition of a billionaire's wife. My husband really went out.

" You look beautiful Jemma, Alessandro is lucky to have you as his wife " says Lily. " Thank you Lily" and I kiss her chick. We descend the stairs together and all I see is bodyguards everywhere...this must be some event I muse silently to myself. Alessandro appears and takes my hand kissing my knuckles. " You look beautiful angel"

"You look pretty hot yourself love" I say to him. He kisses my lips ( lipstick or no lipstick), Alessandro will kiss me if he wants to. After he finishes I wipe the red lipstick smudged on his lips and he gives me a sexy smile and my panties get wet immediately. This man does things to me with just a look or a smile.

He takes my hand and walks us towards the garden. When we enter the garden all I hear is "SURPRISE!" being screamed in unison. The garden has been transformed into a beautiful setting with pink and white balloons with banners everywhere written...Welcome
To Alessandro and Jemma's engagement party.
The place is surreal everything is perfect, the organizers outdid themselves. It's beautiful and I feel the tears coming.

" This is our engagement party angel, everyone you love is here" Alessandro tells me. I am crying so much that time I can't even talk. I probably look like Godzilla but I don't care. I am just so overwhelmed with how much this man cares for me. I hug and squeeze him, kidding him everywhere. " Thank you Alessandro, I just love you" then I continue kissing him again not caring that people are watching us.

After we finish kissing, I see my parents, Zuri and some of my school mates. They come running to me and start hugging me. Everyone is just happy for me and Alessandro. There is a Champagne fountain and a huge band stage is set up playing good music. Everything was just perfect.

I look at my husband interacting with his friends and close colleagues whom some I have met but some are still just acquaintances. Champagne is just flowing and everyone is happy as the night progresses. Then I see one of the band people handing Alessandro a microphone and the stuff handing everyone a glass of champagne.

He says to the people in his deep sexy voice " Can I please have everyone's attention."

Alessandro's speech

Thank you for honoring tonight to celebrate my beautiful wife to be and I's engagement. Thank you for being here, we really appreciate it.

This is to my wife ( everyone screams wife to be), Jemma. I fell in love with you when you were just a few hours old. Your parents were just coming from the hospital with you and you were so restless. I don't know what compelled me to take you in my arms ( I was not a baby person) but the moment you were in my arms you stopped fussing and became calm immediately.

You stopped crying and you opened your eyes and looked at me. I experienced peace for the first time in my life. You became mine that day onwards and I never regretted that decision. You make me a better man, a man who strives to be worthy of you everyday of his life. You saved me and I didn't even realize I needed saving. Without you I won't be able to function. If I ever lost you I won't be able to go on.

You own my heart and soul Jemma. I have never loved anything or anyone as much as I love you. I will be a proper husband to you and an amazing father to the children that we will have as long as I live...

He gets down on his knees in front of everyone ( I am just looking at him crying silently, I know for sure that I was not the only person crying). He takes my hand and pulls out a block box and he says to me " I want to do this properly...Gemma WILL YOU MARRY ME?"

Emotions just run through my mind and I finally say "YES" and I hear Ed Sheeren's voice starting to sing "🎵I found love, for me...🎶" I turn and I see he is really here performing at my engagement party and then everyone is clapping and screaming, I have no words to describe how I am feeling at this very moment...