Chapter 11: One is All, All is One

Izuku sat at his desk, reading over the Alchemy books. It was all fascinating, but it wasn't really much he hadn't already figured out on his own. However, it did help in sort of fine-tuning what he already knew. 

Izuku sat back in his chair and sighed. He was still somewhat frustrated that he couldn't learn anything new as far as his Alchemy went. It would be a great help during the sports festival. His mind wandered to something that Maes had told him once. 'To reach your dreams, you need to work incredibly hard. That way, when you try, then you show the entire world that your will is invincible.'

Izuku had to go to the Sports Festival, and tell the world how strong his will was. He was going to become a hero. For his mother. And for himself.

He looked over to his clock. 11:50 PM. The sports festival was coming up in two days. He needed to get some rest if he was going to do well. He reluctantly closed his book, and went to bed.

As he lay silent in his bed, gazing up at the blank ceiling, his mind wandered. Wandered to a time before his sins. A time where there was just desperation.

le flashback

Izuku clutched the rain jacket covering his body. The storm was overwhelmingly powerful, the river running through the city became white with foam as it's overwhelming speeds only continued to grow. 

Below were several pro heroes trying to block the rising waters, but having little to no success. Orders were being given frantically, and they continued to either use their quirks, or other objects to raise the shoreline above the water for a while. However, even with their combined efforts, the water only continued to rise faster.

Izuku looked down with a worried expression, wondering if they could pull it off. Things didn't look good. Izuku's attention was soon removed from the heroes, to a tall, large, muscular man, holding an umbrella for a woman with pale skin, and dark hair. The woman clapped her hands, and rose the shoreline more than high enough with alchemy. Izuku's eyes widened at this. She was so skilled with Alchemy. He didn't even see a transmutation circle.

One of the pros wearing a neon green and black suit walked up to the woman in awe. "Excuse me, ma'am, who are you? Are you a hero?"

The woman smiled. "Nope. Just a housewife who was passing by. I saw your little predicament, and thought I'd lend a hand."

The pro looked confused. "Um... thanks? You just used your quirk for an act of vigilantism, so I'll have to take you in-"

"IT'S NOT A QUIRK!" Izuku said, running down to them. "It's alchemy! Look! I can do it too!" said the little boy as he drew a transmutation circle on the cement, and used the circle to transmute the wall a little higher.

Izuku was now gasping for breath. The pros had left the scene after calming all the civilians down. All that was left was Izuku, and the other two who had helped. Izuku ran up to the woman and grasped her arm. "PLEASE TEACH ME!"

The old woman started trying to shake Izuku off of her. "GET OFF OF ME! I DON'T TAKE APPRENTICES! CAN'T YOU ASK YOUR PARENTS TO GET YOU A TEACHER?"

"I don't have parents! My father left when I was little, and my mother died a few months back." he said with a somber expression. 

The woman looked at Izuku's face. She felt so sorry for the boy. "All right. How can I say no to that?" she asked, rhetorically.

Izuku beamed at her. "Thank you, um, what's your name?"

"My name is Curtis. Kushina Curtis. But you will refer to me either as Teacher, or Ma'am. Also, the next several months of your training are going to be excruciating. They'll be some of the worst months of your life. Are you prepa-"