A Case of the Grumps

All week something has been agitating you. You don't really know what it was or why but you were grumpy. The littlest things set your blood to boil. You tried to calm yourself down with your go to things, reading, long baths even training to get your pent up frustration out. Loki noticed the change in your demeanor instantly. You are usually so happy, bubbly and his peace when he would come home from Avengers work. He treaded lightly with you not wanting to provoke your anger further. He would try to snuggle with you at night but you just shooed him back to his side of the bed. He was starting to worry when he would feel you leave the bed at night. He soon found out where you would sneak away to. He shapeshifted and followed you just to make sure you are protected from harm, be it from yourself or another. You would go to your local bar every night, after Loki was supposably asleep, to get roaring drunk. Drinking seemed to calm your rage and the more you drank the better you felt. You would stumble home with Loki following close behind inconspicuously. You crawled back into bed with his sleeping illusion allowing the alcohol to make you pass out. He would return to his place wanting you to feel better so you don't have to do this to yourself every night. He felt like a failure as a husband unable to understand why this was happening or help. All he could do for now is cast a spell so you don't wake up with a hangover every night.

You woke up the next morning with the grumpy feeling you've come accustomed to. "Why am I not happy?" You sigh to yourself as you get up from the bed. You saunter down to the kitchen and find your old friend alcohol. You take the bottle of vodka and flick the cap off. You drink straight from the bottle and finish it quickly. You are about to open another when Loki clears his throat. "Little one it's not even 10am why are you drinking?" "Excuse me your highness. I wasn't aware that I needed permission." You growl as you turn to face him. "(Y/N) please talk to me. Something is wrong." "Nothing is wrong. I'm fine." You say as your voice cracks at the word fine. "No you're not. Something has changed in you. Have I done something to upset you?" "Shouldn't you be heading to work or something?" You ask dodging his question. "No. I'm not leaving till we figure this out." "Nothing to figure out." You sigh as you bring the bottle to your lips. "That's enough (Y/N) you're going to kill yourself." He snatched the bottle out of your hand and places it on the counter behind him. "I know something is bothering you. You've been so agitated lately. You've been sneaking out every night to drink to find some relief. I follow you to make sure you're safe but I'm worried my love. Please tell me what's wrong. I want to help you." "That's the thing I don't know what's wrong. Everything is fine it's just I feel so angry. I don't know what to do." You whimper as silent tears roll down your cheeks. He says nothing as he quickly embraces you. He holds you tight as you sob into his chest. "Hush my sweet. Loki is here. I'll make you feel better." He coos as he picks you up and carries you back to bed. "Let's start with your favorite things. Cuddles, blankets, movies and food." He sits behind you so you can lay back on his chest. He pulls the blankets over you both and conjures lots of snacks for you to share. He creates a playlist of all your favorite movies to spend this day of healing watching.

After a few movies he still feels you tense against him. "Any change?" You turn to face him and shake your head no. "Would you allow me in your mind to see what's going on?" "Please fix me Loki. I don't like this person I've become." "Don't worry little one I'll fix it." He gently places his hand on your head and your eyes roll back. You go limp in his arms as he searched for what is causing this case of the grumps. He notices your serotonin levels are low and adrenaline is overpoweringly high. "You poor girl. I'll fix this don't worry." He mutters to himself. In an instant you felt better. All the pent up angst and frustration just melts away. He lets you go of his spell and you slowly come to. "How are you feeling?" "A lot better. Thank you. What was wrong?" "Just a lack of kisses and cuddles." He sighs as he holds you tight. He attacks your face with kisses causing you to giggle. "Whatever you say Doctor Loki. I'm guessing my treatment plan is cuddles and kisses?" "Yep as well as food and movies for the rest of the night. Doctor's orders." "I like this plan and doctor. I think I'll see him again if my problem comes back." You sigh as you settle back against his chest. "I would hope so. You got to tell me when you don't feel right. I'm your husband it's my job to help you little one. Promise me you'll come to me when you have a problem no matter what." "I promise Loki. I love you." "I love you (Y/N) no matter what."