Chapter Twenty One: First Time

────────────────────────────
-'ˏ Billy's Pov ˎ'-

╭ ╮
Billy Hargrove's House
Saturday , 2:18 a.m
╰ ╯

────────────────────────────

We must have talked for hours. It was surely past 1 am at this point. Usually when a girl came over I kicked her out so I could sleep. But oddly enough I enjoyed hearing Margo talk.

"But blue is such a common favorite boy color!" She said scrunching up her nose in disgust at me. I was still propped up on my arm looking down at her while she laid on her back. Her hair was spread out in a golden halo around her head as she used her hands animatedly to talk.

"No it's not!" I argued back with her lightheartedly. "It's the color of my baby!"

"You have a blue girlfriend?" She commented.

"My car." I said rolling my eyes. "Besides. You aren't blue, just your eyes."

She tilted her head to look at me. "I'm your baby?"

"You could be." I replied dead serious.

She nodded her head. "Well I'd like to go on a date then. One I remember."

"Okay." I said trying to suppress my smile. "Who said this wasn't a date?"

This time she shrugged at me. "It's not a date because there are no flowers."

I laughed at her. "Last time I brought you flowers you said you weren't my girlfriend because I'm mean for bringing you to a party. So I didn't try flowers again."

Her mouth popped open in surprise. "I don't remember that."

"You don't remember anything if we are being fair."

She reached out to lightly smack my chest. "Rude." She muttered. "Tell me more." Margo said as she turned on her side to face me.

"I met you when you were walking down the street. Alone and loser-like."

She let out a laugh and I couldn't help but laugh with her.

"I wish I remembered any of that."

"We can make new memories." I said as I tucked some hair that was falling on her face back behind her ear.

She nodded happily as her eyes began to close. "Okay." She mumbled into my pillow tiredly.

Watching her breathing slow down I knew she was fast asleep. I hadn't been so happy in such a long time. She reminded me of my mom in all the good ways. It was hard to keep in touch with that part of myself when so many hurtful memories were attached. But Margo made me want to be a better person. Usually my go to was to take out my anger on everything around me. But around her I always found myself truly smiling or laughing. It was nice to not always be waiting for something to stab me in the back.

I knew her mom, if she was even home, would be pissed that she was out this late. Especially if she knew she was with me. But I selfishly wanted her to stay. Sighing to myself I got up and slipped on a shirt and my boots. I gently wrapped my blanket around her and picked her up bridal style to take her home. Even in her sleep she cuddled up next me and rested her head on my chest as I walked. Everyone was fast asleep so I had no problem slipping out the front door. Cutting across a couple lawns to get to her house I found myself upset that she had to leave. When I reached her front porch I gently shook her awake and placed her down on her feet. She muttered something incoherent as she rubbed at her eyes.

"Go to bed so you don't get in trouble." I told her as I reached out to open the door for her.

"But I wanna stay with you!" She pouted at me. My heart did a little jump and I almost caved into her wishes.

I shook my head lightly and opened the door. She frowned but stepped inside. "See you tomorrow?" She asked me.

"Of course." I replied without a second thought. Whatever I had going on could wait.

"Okay." Margo replied smiling. "Bye." She said waving as she slowly shut the door.

"Bye." I said back to the now closed door. I turned around to start walking back towards my house when the door flung open.

I turned back around to be met with little hands grabbing my face and pulling me in. She softly pressed her lips to mine before stepping back. She looked embarrassed and like she was about to apologize but before she could I quickly stepped forward and pulled her in for another one. Her arms wrapped around my neck even though the height difference between us was laughable. She was clearly standing on her tiptoes to reach. This kiss was different than all of the other ones I'd had. It wasn't rough or rushed and when we pulled back I found myself out of breathe.

"Come inside?" She said walking backwards towards her house. I nodded my head even though I know I shouldn't.

We quickly and quietly walked up to her room. The second we were inside she locked the door behind us and actively began to take my shirt off my body.

"You aren't gonna buy me dinner first?" I asked jokingly between kisses.

────────────────────────────

"Not bad for my first time." She commented softly as she traced my ab line. I felt like I couldn't breathe for a second.

First time? Oh was she going to be pissed when she found out it wasn't her, or even our, first.

"I know it's probably not yours." She said as she felt me stiffen.

"Tell her." My head screamed at me.

I opened my mouth to tell her but discovered I couldn't even spit the words out. Not wanting to ruin anything I gently kissed her forehead and pulled her up and over me so that she was laying on my chest. She relaxed into me and the guilt crept in.

 She relaxed into me and the guilt crept in