7

*1

*1.) Please comment on the ending authors note if you can! 2.) No Maddie's hair didn't change I just felt no other gifs matched this chapter better.*

Once again a thick silence found it's way into the room, Zach stood with a defeated look upon his face as he watched his sister's demeanor slowly chip away before his very eyes. "Zach, that's not funny." She says in a forced voice as she crosses her arms.

"You think I would joke about something like this?" Zach asks hurt as he throws out his hands. "You think I would joke about something like this when you write him a letter every day? When you have a stack of his post cards on your desk? When you have a box of everything that reminds you of mind hidden away in your closet? You think I would lie to you when I can hear you crying at night calling out to him?" Zach asks his voice raising in level as he forgets about the thin walls that separated them from May.

Maddie opens her mouth to say something before she pauses. "I- call out to him?" She asks in an almost broken voice. He sighs and nods. "Maddie's it's not that big of deal." Zach says and Maddie bursts. "You think him coming back after five months of being gone isn't a big deal?!" She screams, she doesn't shout, she screams. The scream had a bigger effect on herself and those around her. "I mean you calling out to him." Zach says in a sigh.

"Well I'm talking about him being here. How do you even know?" Maddie asks confused, now thinking it was a prank, a cruel, cruel prank. "I heard about it from Alex who heard from Jessica who heard from Clay." Maddie furrows her brows. Alex had known and hadn't told her? Jessica too?- That hurt a lot worse. "Why the hell would Clay know? Justin hated Clay." Maddie says poking holes in his story which he quickly patches up, but not the way she had hoped. "Maddie, Clay was the one that brought him back. I guess he's staying with him right now, until he gets better." Maddie lets her mouth drop for a second and it almost betrays her as it goes to let out a sob.

"He got him? He sneaked through my stuff when I gave him my notes?" Maddie asks though she knew nobody would answer she covers her mouth before racking her hand through her hair. "I'm taking my car and I'm going to Clay's. I don't know how long I'll be gone and I swear to God if you follow me I will beat your seven foot ass into the ground." Maddie threatens in a voice made into stone as she grabbed her keys and left. Zach knew she wasn't made at him and she wouldn't make due on her promise, he knew that because she loved him, and because she continued to make a joke about his height.
"Where's Maddie going?" May asks quietly as she leaves her room, though she had heard the whole thing. "Out, hey, why don't you and I finish the movie." May nodded and quickly ran and jumped onto his back letting him carry her to the couch so they could watch the movie Maddie and herself had already started.

Walking into his room with a clenched jaw Clay quickly shuts his door looking to Justin."When were you gonna tell me someone saw you?" He asks upset but Justin quickly answers his questions with a question. "When were you gonna tell me about Maddie?" He asks making Clay pause. "I talked to Tony. She doesn't want me here, does she?" He asks sniffling.