Chapter 19

Arosio De Luca

Reaching across our king size bed, my arms pull my wife closer to me as I release a sigh and hold her flush against my body. Last night was the best night of my life, I had never wanted to go for more rounds more than I did with my little bunny withering in pleasure underneath me but I chose not overexert her since it was her first time. Besides, we have the rest of our lives for me to taste every inch of my sweet angel in our bed. And maybe other places too...

"Good morning, ti amo, tesoro," I whispered in my low deep morning voice before tilting my head down to kiss Katerina on her forehead. I had never gotten so many hours of sleep before, after losing my brother-in-law and sister, sleep escaped me every night for years. But last night, sleeping with my arms around wrapped Katerina made me feel the most peace and happiness that I have ever felt.

My lips met with something fluffy, unlike the soft surface of her tender skin. Within seconds, my eyes snapped open and realize that I had been hugging a fucking pillow for the past minute. Growling lowly, I throw it across the room and look towards the clock on the nightstand by Katerina's side of our bed. It was only seven in the morning, is she showering already?

Thoughts of her surprised widened eyes and beautiful red lips parting in shock when I enter the shower with her filled my mind and my groin area instantly hardened. Smirking, I quickly shuffled out of the bed and headed towards our bathroom, I was anxious to see my markings all over her beautiful bare skin as well.

Confusion.

That was the first emotion I felt as I saw the bathroom completely empty, making me quickly pull on a pair of grey joggers before hurrying downstairs. Images of my little cucciola cooking breakfast for us appeared in my mind and I yearned to wrap my arms around her waist and shower her with kisses.

Worry.

That was the second emotion I felt as I saw an empty kitchen without even the maids present. They usually started their shifts around 8 am on most days anyway but still, the sight of the empty kitchen without my wife filled me with sadness for some reason. Maybe she got lost with no one to help her find her way around? Quickly, I shuffled out of the kitchen before checking every other room in our personal mansion.

Anger.

That was the third emotion I felt as I exited the last bedroom and realized that Katerina was nowhere to be found. She wasn't in the living room, home-theater, playroom, bowling alley room, Elijah's bedroom, she was nowhere to be found. Gritting my teeth, I practically sprinted outside to the last spot that I hadn't checked.

The backyard.

My feet slowly skidded to a stop as my eyes scanned around the pool to see if she had many decided to take an early morning swim but quickly darkened when I noticed it was empty as well. Everything was just as we left it yesterday, even the bottle of red wine that I had taken from her and tossed onto the grass still laid there. But one thing was missing.

Her handbag containing her passport, purse and cellphone.

My jaw clenched in anger as every part of my heart refused to believe that she would leave me after the special night we spent together last night. We finally consumed our marriage and she became mine for eternity. With fists clenched tightly at my side, I took calm calculated steps back into my mansion and called the head guards into the living room.

"Sir, here is the footage you requested. Young Madam had not left through the front door, she went out the back when nobody was on watch," Lennox, the head guard and a member of my Mafia, stated nervously as he avoided my murderous gaze and instructed his subordinates to stand up straight in front of me.