Play

Later on that evening mom put some R and B and old hip hop music on and got some bottles of wine and champagne going.

"It is time to party, let's go fellas!"
"Sasha is coming through once she drops the girls off at her moms."
"The more the merrier," mom replied.
"I'mma need your biggest wine glass, Mrs. Thompson," D said.
"Let me help you out."
She reached into the back of her cabinet and pulled out a tall round one.
"This beats anything I got at home, good looking out."
"Mmmhmmm," and she poured him some wine to the brim causing some to spill on the kitchen floor but mom just laughed. I've never seen her this drunk, tipsy yeah.
"Mom, you want to sit in the corner with a bottle of water," I offer but she swats at me.
"Leave me alone, Les, I'll clean it up."
I left it alone, she a grown woman.

When I get back into the living room I recognize Tupac's voice. D was dancing with the glass in his hand while Derek was typing away on his phone.
"You need another drink in you, Les," D tells me.
As if on cue, Sasha walks right in the door with a bottle and says, "I got Tequila!"
"Are they always like this, Derek?" I ask indicating to mainly mom and even Sasha.
"No, they're just happy to see you, Les, grab a shot," he tells me and goes back to his phone.

Fuck it, I take the bottle from Sasha and head back into the kitchen. I open the cabinet and was surprised to see so many shot glasses. The back door to the kitchen opens up and in walks dad.
"Dad, you're wife has gone crazy," I inform him.
"Linda drunk? Already? Ooooh wee, it's going to be a long night for y'all. Not me, I'm about to take my beers to the room, lock myself in and fall fast asleep."
"But dad, I think I'll be needing your protection."
He put his hand on my shoulder.
"Be a man, son. Goodnight!" He said and jetted.
I let out a defeated sigh and turn back to the shot glasses.
"Let me help you out," D said over my shoulder.
He put his half empty glass down and filled a shot glass... for himself.
"D."
He tossed it back and down then made a sour face reaction.
"Right right, you need something in you," he starts to fill the shot again when he decides to stop and give me a look. I understood that look just as much as I understood his pun.
"Never that," I say.
I take the shot and tossed it back. Yep, that stung. D takes the shot glass and fills it again.
"Ohhh, so you're a top."
"A what?" I take the shot and had less of a difficult time with it the second time.
D licks his lips and smirks, as if he knew something I didn't, I mean, technically he did.
"A top. You prefer to be inside."
I think my ass is getting slower.
"What are you—" but it hits me.

Oh, yeah.

"Oh, there's a name for that?"
D hands me another shot while looking me dead in my eyes.
"Yeah."
"What's the name for the other guy?" I shot the drink down.
After taking the shot I see D pouring a glass of wine.
"Bottom," he tells me.
I roll my eyes.
"How original."
"What do you think I am?" He asks as he leans on the counter.
I reached for the glass and took a few sips, I was feeling those shots and the wine was a nice cherry on top. I smirked at D.
"Hmmmm, I wonder what D could be. I'm guessing a top."
I watch him continue to smile and stare at me. He eventually shakes his head. My smile went south.
"Wait, I just remembered our previous conversation. Don't you, like, go both?"
"I have but I'm mainly a bottom."
I shake my head.
"You full of secrets, D."
I had no choice but to drink to that. He laughs.
"You are learning a lot today, aren't you?"
"Come in here and dance boys," I heard my mom shout.
I could hear Stevie Wonder playing. I rolled my eyes. When we get back into the living room mom and Sasha were dancing. Derek was still typing away on his phone while babysitting his drink.
"Let's party upstairs," D said and grabbed the wine bottle.

I followed him into my old bedroom. He lands in my desk chair and goes to his phone.
"Now the real party starts," he says and starts playing a song I've never heard.
He set his phone down and sips from his drink. I sit across from him on my bed. Out of nowhere he squeals and taps his heels together.
"You going away to Disneyland soon."
I laughed.
"Yeah, I can't wait to hang out at Disneyland with a bunch of teenagers."
"Hey, it's the career you chose."
"I'm just playing, I don't mind, I can't wait. I wish you could come along as a chaperone or something."
I laid back in the bed and put my feet up, back supported by the pillows as I sipped away on my sweet wine.
"I got things to do next week anyways."
"Such as...," I indicate for him to elaborate. But before he could answer I ask, "School year is pretty much over, what do you do during the summer time?"
"Not a damn thing," he said while setting his glass down. "I still get paid during the summer time, I'm practically a PE teacher."
"Nice."
"But I'll be busy because summer camp is going to start before you know it and gots to start working on that."
I let out an 'ahhhhh, okay' with the facial expression to match.
I slowly tried to sit up because doing anything too fast was out the window.
"Give me your phone."

Without hesitating he hands it over. I turn the volume up and set it on the end table right next to me so the toons were in my ear. Once I laid back I looked over to see what was playing. All I could make out was the title that said Rock N Roll Is Dead.
D came over and sat on the side of the bed by my knees, looking real uncomfortable compared to my position.

"Want to sit next door?" I gesture for him to sit besides me.
He shakes his head.
"I'm good."
I liked the song though and began bobbing my head.
"Do you work during the summer?" He asked me.
"I think so, they run a summer program for a couple of weeks. If I get the option to not work I'm probably still going to at least volunteer."
He nods his head.
"So we'll both be doing our own little summer thang."
"This about to be a bombass summer, I'm already knowing," I say with a stretch.
I sit back and watch D as he drinks the last of what's in his glass.
"Let me touch your hair," I say.
He gives me a puzzled look.
"Nigga, you do it all the time without asking."
"No the fuck I don't."
"It don't happen often but you always undressing my hair with your eyes."
I yelled out with laughter.
"Don't get on me about that."
He shrugs and tilts his head my way. I gladly start touching it.
"Don't you dare start raking your fingers through my shit."
"I ain't gonna mess up your masterpiece."

When I got to the back of his neck he had sat back up straight. I messed with the hairs in the lower back until I cupped my hand around the nape of his neck. I applied a little pressure and massage but was soon cut short when D grabbed the spot and jerked away from me with an expression I couldn't read but I know I threw him off. I couldn't tell if he was pained by it or surprised. He eventually rubbed the spot then got up and poured himself another drink.

"What happened?" I asked.
When he finished he slowly came and sat back down.
"You hit my g-spot," he said nonchalantly.
I laughed and lightly smacked his arm.
"The back of your neck?"
"The neck is wild, boy, watch yourself."
I immediately sat up and in his face.
"Or what?"
He just silently watched my face with a light smile. We just gazed at each other, nothing else distracting us, eyes dancing in each other's. Until I sat back with a jolt. My eyes looked at his phone.
"What is that song?"
I picked up the phone but he answered it for me before I could read it.
"Blackberry Molasses by Mista."
"I know this song."
I continued to listen.
"I love this song," he says.
"Yo, my mom used to listen to this song like everyday. I had to have only been about 7 maybe. Every time she picked me up from school it was playing or about to play, she must have had the album," I paused and listened some more. "I think the last time I heard it I was probably.... 10."
I thought long and hard about that.
"This song got me through a lot, I used to listen to it all the time too. Did you know that's Bobby Valentino singing?"
My eyes flew open to that fact.
"Word? Damn, he been around for a good minute then," I say having seen the year of the song.
"It was also Tupac's favorite song before he died."
"Sheesh," I said and shook my head.
I set the phone back down. We listen to the song in silence and when it's about to go off I replay it. I reach for my drink and take another swallow.
"I'm surprised ya mom's not shouting for us."
"Maybe they're all passed out by now."
We strained to listen at the same time to the noises downstairs. Nope, mom was still laughing.
"Nah, they having fun without us," D confirms.
"I have to use the bathroom," I say.

After flushing the toilet I washed my hands then applied the water to my face, over and over. I wasn't trying to sober myself up but it felt good. I glimpse back to the text message still on my phone. I had read it before the piss came out of me.

Tahj😘: I wish you were here, cant wait to see u 😘

I towel dried my face off and looked into the mirror. I stayed trapped in my reflection until my eyes crossed and everything became a blur.

The song was still playing when I got back. Before I could close the door D closed it for me, he stood right behind it.
"I forgot you played baseball," he said.
"For about 2 years."
"I was looking at all your baseball stuff."
My closet was nearby.
"Now that I remember I went to almost every game. Not sure why I didn't play with you."
"You can play with me now," I say as I leaned on the door facing him. It shoots right out of me. No hesitation. No mistake.
He was looking over his shoulder but at what I said he slowly turned to look back at me.
That same expression slowly came about his face. That same stuck expression when he first saw me in only a towel. I stood up straighter and took a step closer to him. But it was him who closed the distance.