45 | Sea of White and Blue

A/N: "I been waiting for this one!! Turn it up!" ⬇️⬇️

💫

"Waxer, tell me, who gave you the orders to attack us?"

"It was General Krell, he sent us to these coordinates to stop the enemy... But it was you"

The life in the soldiers eyes flickered out with his final breath. A single tear slipped from his brown eye, demonstrating the great sadness that had plagued the hearts of everyone on the battlefield. Rex's jaw locked at Waxer's last words. He glared at the forested distance, pondering angrily on his next course of action. Jedi General Pong Krell had deliberately betrayed them, and had set up this false mission to kill them all.

Rex stood up, stepping away from his brothers dead body. To his surprise, General Ky was no longer at his side. She had been there a moment ago. His brown eyes spotted her lightsaber which laid alone in the grass where she once stood. He bent down to pick it up. The medical clone glanced up to the Captain from where he was working on the ground "Waxer.. wasn't killed by a blaster" Kix informed sadly.

Rex processed what he said, then glanced back down to the saber in his hand. Her necklace was wrapped securely around the handle as it always was. His heart nearly shattered like glass at the news. It broke for the death of his brother, and also because he knew all too well how his General was feeling at that very moment "I'll.. be back, gather everyone" he ordered Kix.

"Yes sir"

Rex walked away from Waxer and pushed his way through the foggy brush, not knowing exactly where she could have gone to. The saber was gripped tightly in his hand with the necklace weaved between his fingers. After a short while of searching, he found her standing alone in a small clearing, far away from everyone else. Her body was hunched over with her hands resting on her knees. Dark hair fell over her eyes, hiding her emotion from the rest of the universe "Ge- Dakota" he called worriedly, quickening his pace.

At the sound of his voice, she straightened out her spine and wiped underneath her eyes. He paused in front of her and she spun around to face him "That-that was me" she admitted immediately, sticking out her hand in the direction as from which Rex came "I did that, I-" she then ran her fingers through her ruffled hair, sounding just as devastated as he felt "I killed him"

"I swear, every time I'm with you, someone dies"
her sisters voice echoed in the back of her mind.

"She's right" Dakota whispered while rubbing her head in dismay, turning away from Rex.

"This wasn't you, none of this is your fault" he moved to stand behind her, wanting to be able to see her face "General Krell set this up, he wants to see us kill each other. This was him" he pointed his finger at the ground.