Fighting Spree

Demetria's P.O.V.:

We run quietly in the opposite direction of the guards, finding ourselves entering an old, dark, and dusty stairwell. Closing the door behind us, Damian and I walk towards the rail looking down into the darkness.

"Down there," Father says, pointing into the abyss. He takes his grappling hook out of his belt, and shoots it above his head, penetrating the concrete ceiling. "Grab on."

Without question, Damian and I grab onto either side of him and hang there. He jumps over the rail, slowly descending into the darkness.

"This is embarrassing," Damian says.

Father quietly lands onto the concrete flooring. Damian and I release our grip on him, watching him release the hook. Father walks over to Damian, towards the wall, pulling on the air vent. He pulls out the cover of the air vent, quietly placing it down beside him, against the wall. Damian and I crawl in with Father following in behind us, covering our tracks in the process. We crawl past numerous air vents leading into different rooms and areas within the Colosseum, light entering vents, allowing us to see. 

We continue crawling for what seems like hours, that was until I realized that Damian is leading us. "Do you know where you're going?"

He stops crawling and turns his head towards us. "No," he says. He turns his head back around and continues crawling.

After a few more minutes of crawling, Father tells us to stop. We turn around to find Father atop of an air vent. He carefully takes out the covering and jumps down. Jumping down after Father, he calls out to Langstrom.

"Dr. Langstrom."

"You?" Dr. Langstrom says turning around, startled. He was a man of about 6ft., black square glasses, white hair, wearing a white lab coat, and khakis. The stereotypical attire for a scientist.

"You have to come with us," Father says.

I take in the surroundings within the room: papers, whiteboards, chalkboards, and scientific equipment are scattered everywhere. On the papers and boards are equations for a formula that looks familiar. I remember seeing these formulas back in the compound.

"No. No, no. I can't"—Langstrom backs away from us towards his metal desk, accidentally knocking over and breaking a flask with green liquid— "Deathstroke has my family. He says he'll kill them if I don't do what he wants."

My heart beats faster at the mention of Deathstroke. "Where is Deathstroke?" I ask him, a little too quickly.

"I don't know. You have to believe me." I believe you.

"I'll make you talk," Damian says running towards the scientists.

"Robin, no!" Father screams. Damian, you fuckin' idiot. 

Damian grabs the scientists by the shoulders of his lab coat and flings him onto one of the many desks of flasks. Thrown onto the desk, he slides off with an extreme amount of momentum, flying off the desk, barging through the wooden door behind it.

A few seconds later, a heard of ninjas with swords run through the hole in the wall. Damian, now on the metal desk, jumps and kick-splits two of the ninjas coming his way. Landing on his back, another ninja follows up slicing straight down onto Damian. He blocks the swings, by moving to the side. Father leaves my side, grabbing a wooden chair and smashing it against the that ninja's head, sending them back towards the other ninjas following up.

Another wave of ninjas run through the hole, running towards me. I backflip, kicking the first one in the face. Landing crouched down, I sweep their feet in one fluid moment, making them fall unconscious upon impact with the hard floor. Another group of ninjas appears in front of me. Damian runs to my side grabbing his sword in the process. I pull out my sword and we ready ourselves to attack, with a smirk on our faces.