05. hey tinkerbell

s2e2: brave new world

Brynley grabbed her wand and one of the journals her mom wrote for her and threw them in her bag for school. She spent all day yesterday reading and learning about fairies, her magic, and other supernatural stuff, but it was kinda hard to actually do that magic. The girl had control over the glow in her hands and eyes, but she and her father agreed that it was best for her to keep the bracelet on during school.

"Bryn, hurry up!" Her father yelled before Brynley grabbed her bag and ran downstairs. She placed her bag on the table as Evan placed three bottles of pills in front of her. "Pain meds."

"I don't get why I have to take these, I feel fine." Brynley pouted.

"If you don't want to take them, you can stay home for the next two weeks." Evan argued and Bryn began to take the pills. "Good girl. I don't even know why I'm letting you go out, it's not like you're going to school. Bracelet on?"

"Yup," Brynley nodded. "We're setting up for the carnival, one of the biggest event of the school year. So the vampires are Stefan and Damon Salvatore, and the witch is Bonnie?"

"Yes, and let them know that you know about them, okay? And you can tell them what you are, that way you all can protect each other." Evan confirmed and Brynley's phone rang, letting her know Matt was outside. "Remember, no magic."

"Got it, love you." Brynley kissed her dad's cheek before walking outside and into Matt's car. "Hey."

"How you feeling, Bryn?" Matt asked.

"Great actually." Brynley smiled and Matt started to drive to school. "How's Caroline?"

"Still in the hospital." Matt sighed. "I'm gonna drop you off, go visit her, and then I'll come back to help you set up."

-

"Yes, we all are. We're going to be boring high school students who live in a world where the 'v' word is not uttered." Elena told Stefan as Brynley walked up to them.

"And by v-word you mean vampire?" Brynley questioned and the couple looked at her, shocked before the three rushed into a classroom.

"How do you know?" Stefan looked into her eyes and tried to compel her.

"Oh Stefan, you can't compel me, it's some benefits of being what I am." Brynley smirked and sat on one of the desks.

"Which is what exactly?" Elena looked at her.

"Can't tell you," Brynley shrugged. "But just know that I know about you, your brother, and Bonnie the witch. I'm kinda new at this whole supernatural thing, so tell me, what's the supernatural gossip?"

"Why should we tell you anything when you can't even tell us what you are?" Stefan asked. "How do we know that you're not lying to us and you're just a human drinking vervain?"

"Fine," Brynley rolled her eyes and slipped off her bracelet, allowing her eyes and hands to glow gold. "I don't think a human can do that."

"What the hell are you?" Stefan repeated as Bryn put her bracelet back on.

"I'm a fairy, believe or not." Brynley smiled and Stefan and Elena looked at her in disbelief.

"That's impossible, fairies aren't real." Stefan shook his head.

"And vampires and witches can be?" Brynley fired back. "But I don't blame you, I'm still getting used to the idea myself. I just found out yesterday, but my dad wanted me to introduce myself to you all so we can have some sort of alliance or protection for each other. So, what do you say? One secret for another?"

-

Stefan and Elena agreed to bring Brynley into the circle of trust and informed her of everything that was currently going on.

"Hey Tinkerbell," Damon grabbed Brynley at the fair and she gave him a look. "Stefan told me everything, and I still can't believe half of it but, oh well."

"Okay," Brynley said. "What's up?"

"What do you know about the Lockwoods?" Damon pointed at Tyler who was playing a carnival basketball game. "You guys are besties, right?"

"Yeah, but your guess is as good as mine," Brynley answered. "He was affected by the device used on Founders Day like I was, but he's not a fairy. He's not a vampire, right?"

"Nope," Damon shook his head. "Well we have to find out, because there's something odd about that family."

"Just don't hurt them." Brynley walked away from Damon and over to Tyler.

"B-Bell, wanna turn?" Tyler offered a basket ball and she took it. Brynley threw the ball and made a perfect basket.

"Remember when you taught me how to play?" Brynley reminded and Tyler laughed. "Some of it sticked."

-

Brynley sat in her bedroom the same night, reading through another book her mother left her. She looked over at the purple box and saw the unopened letter. She walked over, grabbed it, and sat on her bed once more.

Brynley,
I'm hoping you're atleast 16 when you read this, but if you aren't, it's fine. So, surprise! You're a fairy! I know it's crazy Bryn-Bell, but it's true. I left you a wand and journals and books of magic so you can learn. Your wings will grow in eventually, and then you're gonna have to learn how to fly.
I'm sorry, I'm talking about spells and flying as if I've never done the terrible thing that I did to you. I left. I had my reasons blossom, but I know your dad is going to do an amazing job raising you. He might not know all about magic, but that's why I left you the journals. The journals are written by me and my experiences with being a fairy, so it's sort of like I'm there helping you. You're going to be an incredible fairy baby B.
Love, Mom.