Part67.

"Happy mother's day Mom" I said hugging my mom as I went to the living room.

"Thank you meri jaan" She said kissing my forehead.

"You know you're the best mom ever" I told her,still hugging her.

"And it's your day,every day" I told her kissing her cheek.

"Thank you bacha" She said to me.
I sat beside my Dad who made a face because I never said all this things on father's day.

I now had to tell them about Nandini's family crisis.

"Dad,woh Nandini's dad--" and I told him the entire story.

"Ohh shittt" My Mom said.

"We should help Murthy,aur usne mujhe nahi bataya" My Dad was angry. He took out his phone to call Appa but I stopped him.

"Let me talk to Nandini first Dad" I told him and Mom said the same.

Handling Nandini was going to be one hell of a task.

At the same time,I saw Nandini coming down with Anayra.

"Hii mera baby" I took Anayra from Nandini's hands.

Nandini looked pale.
I looked at her and she smiled,fake.

"Happy mother's day Mom" She said to Mom hugging her.

"Good molning dadda" My baby said rubbing her nose on my neck.

"Good morning bacha" I said going towards the dining table.

"Baby aaj aap carol dida ke saath breakfast kar loge,Mujhe mumma se kaam hai,good girl hai na mera baby" I said to Anayra.

"Okay Dadda" He said and raised her hands towards Carol(our maid who was with us for 15 years now) who was already standing there.

"Anayra kahan gayi?!" Nandini said almost frantically as she saw me alone.

"Carol ke paas, having breakfast calm down" I told her and she sighed sitting on the chair.

Mom and Dad made an excuse of eating in the Garden giving us alone time to talk.

Nandini was serving in my plate.
She was again thinking of skipping a meal.

"Do din seh khaya nahi hai,abhi tak bhookh nahi lagi mumma ko?!" I asked her taking her in a hug.

I knew she needed one.
I could feel my shirt getting wet.

I leaned on the table and she stood between my legs and I broke the hug.

"Why did you feel the need to hide this from me?!" I asked her and anger clearly oozed out of my voice.

"Why did you think you had to hide this from me Nandini?!" I asked,this time in a bit of a high pitched voice.

I separated her from me.

"We've been married for 5 fucking years ,you still have to hide family problems from me?!" I said or rather asked,hurt.

Her lower lip wobbled to say something but she kept quiet again.

"We've lost everything Manik,mom and dad hadn't even told me anything, Bhai told me" She finally said something.

"Yesterday I went to meet some dealers to talk and give us some time but they're not ready to give us anytime" Nandini said.

Ohh godd Nandini.
Why did you have to go through all this alone.

"My parents told me not to include you guys, you're a known face and so is Dad and it could harm your reputation but now because we had big names as dealers they've threatened us to go to media, I'm sure they must have already" She said breaking down once again.