4. Phone calls :)

"Hey Lukas," said George, smiling when he heard a groan come from the other line. It was only nine in the morning, "What are your plans for today?" 

"To actually get some sleep." Lukas grumbled. George propped himself on his bed, resting his elbows on the pillows. "Why are you up so early?" 

"I agreed to walk my neighbour's dog every day in the morning and in the evening so I woke up earlier," George answered, placing the box on his bedside table, taking another bite out of the cookie. It tasted nice, "It's actually really fun, you should join me on one of the walks! The dog, Winston, is really well behaved and it's fun."

Lukas muttered something incoherent, making George raise an eyebrow. "If you think I'm waking up at six in the morning to go walk a dog, you are absolutely right," Lukas admitted quietly, earning a chuckle from George. Lukas always had a soft spot for dogs - they are his only weakness. "You could come over tomorrow morning and we could walk the dog?" George asked hopefully. Lukas hummed in agreement.

"Do you think Charlie'd kill us if I came over without her?" Lukas inquired jokingly, resting his head in his palm tiredly. "Yeah, definitely." said George and Lukas laughed. 

"Wait, you know what? Since you and Charlie would come walk the dog tomorrow, I could introduce you to Clay!" George added, excited about his best friends meeting his new acquaintance. 

"Clay? Like terracotta?" Lukas asked stupidly, a bemused expression growing on his face. George snorted and pinched the bridge of his nose, "No, not like terracotta, you bimbo, I meant my friend, Clay."

Lukas let out a low laugh, his husky voice making the laugh sound sarcastic, but George knew it was genuine. "So, who is this friend of yours?" Lukas asked, putting special emphasis on the word friend. George sighed.

"We met today at the park and he seems pretty cool," George began, resting his head on one of the pillows, his phone pressed against his ear, "He's just your regular guy, above average height and dirty blonde hair. I think he has green eyes."

Lukas could almost see George trying to supress his stupid smile growing on his face as he spoke more about Clay. "Oh, and he has this very bizarre laugh. It sounds like a kettle," he finished and paused, waiting for Lukas to reply. He could hear a slow exhale on the other line. "And he's your friend?" Lukas asked, his slightly monotone voice growing even more monotone. 

George squinted his eyes, trying to deduce whether or not that was a sarcastic response. "Yes, we're friends, I think," he responded, stretching his arms slightly. Lukas coughed and said something that sounded a lot like 'bullcrap'. George decided to ignore that, "Can we get Charlie on the call? I want to make sure that both of you are coming over tomorrow."

There was a pause and then a sudden ringing noise. It took a few seconds before Charlie accepted the call. "Hello?" she asked, her voice a tad bit hoarse. 

"Would you be down coming over to George's tomorrow at six?" Lukas asked. There was some noise that was heard from her side of the phone, before she answered, "What, like 6 PM?" "6 AM," Lukas interrupted, a noise of confusion escaping Charlie's mouth. 

George laughed quietly, turning to the side. "You see, George walks his neighbour's dog every day and invited us to come. Plus, he wants to introduce us to his boyfriend, Clay-" Lukas started and was immediately cut off by George, "Hey, I said he was my friend! Like - we only met once!"

"Oh.. okay.." said Charlie sceptically, making George roll his eyes and Lukas chuckle, "Well, alright then. I'll come join you two tomorrow." 

George smiled and Lukas let out a cheer, making all three of them laugh. There was comfortable silence, that is until Charlie broke it. "Okay, gentlemen, it was nice talking to you but I'm going back to sleep." 

"Pfft alright then," George grinned and heard Charlie leave the call, "Are you going back to sleep, too?"

"Hm.. I don't think so," Lukas replied and George shrugged in response, getting out of his bed and walking over to see what Cat was doing, "But I am hungry so I'll go make myself breakfast." 

"Have fun," said George bluntly, causing Lukas to laugh. George smiled and hung up, petting Cat fondly and sighing, content.