After

SOMEWHERE AROUND KAER MORHEN - Kaedwen

Geralt was laying in the grass. He wanted to be alone and arrange his thoughts. The days since she left were the hardest days in his life. Literally. He's never thought he will someday truly loved someone but here he was, suffering because he loved someone that much. Vesemir told him that witchers have some emotions but he still didn't want to believe it. But he was feeling like a shit, so maybe it was true.
She was so perfect for him. Too perfect. And he let her go. He will regret it forever.. He blamed himself for what he did. If he would never told her those words, she could be here and laying in his arms now. He could hold her tightly. But she wasn't here and it was only his fault.. He got scared. He would rather choke on his bad decision than to carry it to his grave.

But he felt it, that empty space in his heart. That hole which refuse to heal. It felt like drowning. He knew he wasn't alone but at the same time he was. He was so alone without her. He needed her. Even when it hurts, he wanted her. He wanted to be by her side as before.
He didn't want to admit it yet but he started losing his way. He was losing his mind all the time. He knew nothing will be the same without her. Days and nights were blurred. He had trouble sleeping, restless dreaming and she was always in his head. Everything was reminding her. Everywhere he looked there she was. He couldn't stop thinking about her. He was repeating that day again and again in his mind. He wished he could somehow take it all back. He wished he could tell her what he really feel. He wished he never saw her cry that day.. he would do anything to dry those beautiful eyes..

What he supposed to do without her? It was really too late to picked the broken pieces up, too soon to let her go? Did she felt damaged like he did? He wondered.
Deep in his heart he knew that one day he would have to tell her worst nightmare. That she'll never be a mother. He had to stopped her before her research would kill her. He just hoped, she wasn't doing anything stupid now. Maybe she already forgot on him and maybe he should have too. Cracks won't fix and the scars won't fade away. Guess he should have get used to this. The one side of his bed will be just an empty place.. and she will be always in his head. Always.
He sat down. He should have stop with his thoughts because it will definitely ruin him. He stood up and sighed. He should have return back to the castle. It was getting late.

He was walking at least two hours when he spotted a nest.
"The nest so close to the castle?" Geralt told for himself. He was surprised. They always had destination around castle under their control. They didn't let any monster on their territory. But now it seemed that the witchers forgot on this place. He came closer to the nest, he wanted to know what kind of monster it was. He started looking for the clues. He then found big feather close to the nest.
"Shit.. It's Griffin." he quickly started looking around him if the Griffin wasn't somewhere close. He had to return back to the castle and prepared for the fight. Now he wasn't ready for the fight in this mood. Also help from the other witchers will be useful. Griffin wasn't very easy to kill. He then started leaving, the way back to the castle was so long.

Geralt came back to the castle and he spotted Leo and Eskel how they were training with swords on the courtyard. They noticed him and they stopped fighting.
"You're alive." Eskel told him when Geralt came to them.
"I can take care of myself."
"I know but not in this condition.." Eskel was serious.
"I found Griffin nest five miles away from the castle. Would you tell me what are you doing here all these days when you cannot take care about our territory?" Geralt said bit angrily and he crossed his arms.
"Griffin here? Are you sure?" Eskel didn't want to believe it.
"Am I looking like I'm kidding?" Geralt rolled his eyes.
"It's just surprised me Geralt. You don't have to be rude." Eskel gave him angry look. "Leo, tomorrow you will finally fight with Griffin." Eskel turned to him.
"You've never killed a Griffin?" Geralt was a bit surprised.
"No." Leo frowned.
"Good to know.. you will fight first." Geralt smirked.
"I will go inform Vesemir." he told them and he turned to leave.
"What's wrong to attack first? I don't understand.." Leo asked Eskel confused.
"Griffin is strong beast and his claws are very sharp.. so his claws almost still hit us when Griffin has a full energy.." Eskel was trying to smile.
Leo's excitement immediately disappeared.

VENGERBERG - Aedirn

"Oh my head.." Yennefer woke up and she caught her forehead.
"I told you shouldn't have drink to much wine." Triss told her while she was going towards her.
"Here. I made you potion which will end pain in your head." she gave her the potion.
"Thank you Triss, what I would do without you." Yennefer smiled at her and she drank the potion.
"You would handle everything without me. You're very strong Yennefer, do not forget on it. But I wanted to help you." Triss sat down next to her.
"What time is it?" Yennefer raised her eyebrow.
"Almost midday." Triss smiled.
"Gosh.. I slept too long.." she frowned. Then she remembered on one thing. She continued a bit embarrassed.
"Triss.. I forgot to tell you something. Before I left Geralt, I told him that he should find you and.. that he can fuck you.." Yennefer felt ashamed.
"You what?" Triss was surprised.
"I was angry and heartbroken.. I really wasn't realizing what I was saying. Just don't be surprised when he will come to visit you.." she lowered her head.
"Yennefer, if he would come to visit me, he would come only as my friend, not as my lover." she wanted to make it clear. "But I must admit, I would like to spent some night with him again.." Triss was teasing her.
"Triss!" Yennefer bumped her into her arm and laughed a bit.
"What? He is handsome man.. and his muscles, abs.." Triss said with laughing.
"I know, he's really handsome.." Yennefer smiled but she remembered that Geralt wasn't part of her life anymore and she started to be sad again.
"Don't Yennefer.. one night and half a day was enough of suffering because of man." Triss was serious.
"It's hard to not think about him." Yennefer lowered her eyes.
"Don't worry, you will find another.." Triss smiled at her.
"But nobody will be him." Yennefer said sadly.
"Yennefer, stop it. This not gonna help you, it will make it worse. You have to move on." Triss stated.
"You're right. He hurt me enough already.." she stood up.
"What you gonna do then?"
"I will continue in my research." Yennefer said confidently.
"You will contact him?" Triss asked her carefully. She knew about their past.
"Yes, but no immediately. I need some time. But he will help me with my research, not as Geralt." Yennefer said with disappointment.
"Istredd is good in these things, you will certainly find something." Triss wanted to support her.
"We have to." Yennefer said seriously. But suddenly sadness hit her again and the tear rolled down on her cheek.
"Yennefer.. don't cry.." Triss came to her and she hugged her. "Everything will be okay.. one day.. I promise." Triss was trying to encourage her.

THE END: Chapter 20