Chapter 2 - A Satisfying Pain

Whilst I very much embrace a messy bun and oversized shirt, I still consider myself to be 'girly'; indulging in the fun of makeup and the femininity of a cute outfit

Whilst I very much embrace a messy bun and oversized shirt, I still consider myself to be 'girly'; indulging in the fun of makeup and the femininity of a cute outfit. I'd put on a checkered wrap skirt and a simple shirt. Since it was a little on the chillier side I'd thrown on a cardigan too but other than that, I was ready to finally meet everyone at the bonfire which started forty-five minutes ago.

I made sure to lock the door to the house once I'd left and made my way to the bonfire clearing where the pack gathered once every six months.

The 'ceremony' was meant to honour the wolves that came before us and to ask the moon goddess to give safe passage to wolves that we loose.

I passed young pups that were huddled around a lit joint trying their best not to get caught; which is stupid because we all literally have supernatural senses that can smell it from miles away.

"Reyna, you're late. Owen was looking for you." Gabriel called as I ran up to him and pulling him in for a quick hug. I hadn't seen him for a week.

Ever since he found his mate they'd been hauled up at her house.

I think you can conclude what they'd been doing.

"I'm sorry, I was running." I ran my hands through my hair and gave him a stiff smile. "Have they done the blood offering?"

"Nope, you've got like twenty minutes. I'd go find Owen first though." He nodded before letting his eyes scan around the open space, clearly looking for his mate.

"You're obsessed with her, you know," I laughed, giving him a soft punch on the arm - though even if I'd hit him as hard as I could, I wouldn't have done much damage. He's built like a house.

"You'll understand when you meet your mate, little cousin."

I shook my head with a little smile and turned to start my search for the pompous asshole who calls himself chief warrior. In all honesty, he doesn't even deserve his title. He got it through nepotism. Given the opportunity, I could have him on his ass before he could blink. But of course, he'd never let that happen. Because he knows that there's no way he could win.

I used to train with my dad every day; morning runs, after school workouts and fight training on the weekends. I could best every single one of these self absorbed pups.

Well, excluding the alpha. He's twenty-nine and has been training since the day he could walk. I could probably take the beta, though.

I reached Owen's office in the training building in no time. He was stood by the window when I knocked on the door. He spun around quickly and his lips formed a smirk that made me want to vomit.

"Reyna, I'm glad you could stop by." He took a step away from the window and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"It's not like a had much of choice." I scoffed with a roll of my eyes. "What can I help you with?" I put on a clearly sarcastic smile and crossed my arms.