Chapter Seventeen: Freeze!

Ring !!!

All the Robinson Hills girls hurried to their classes.

"Bye Bridget and Laura! You sure you want tuition with Mamzelle? Petunia will be there, and ten more girls. I'm sure you would find art tuition more fun."Lily said.

"It'll be fine, it's good to learn French, and plus, it's so fun!" Bridget said enthusiastically.

It was Saturday, and Bridget and Laura, along with other girls in their form had signed up for French tuition.

So off they went to their French tuition.

When they entered the class, Mamzelle greeted them cheerfully.

"Bonjour mon cher!"Mamzelle said to Laura and Bridget with a wide smile.

"Bonjour mamzelle" Laura and Bridget replied.

"Bonjour et bonjour classe"Mamzelle greeted her class.

"Bonjour! Mamzelle Lizanna" the whole class greeted her nicely.

"Ah, thank you class, all my darlings," Mamzelle said happily.

"Today we are learning French nouns," Mamzelle said.

"Oh, Mamzelle, I've learned French for a year or two in France." exclaimed Bridget happily.

"Ah, ma cherie Bridget, that is very good indeed."Mamzelle beamed.

"Now take out your textbooks and flip to page 3. "Petunia, please read the first sentence," Mamzelle said.

"D'accord, no problem, Mamzelle." Petunia said, batting her eyelashes sweetly at Mamzelle, hoping to get some praise too.

"Then you may begin Petunia, " Mamzelle Lizanna said, not liking Petunia's spoiled behaviour.

"La fille-," Petunia said, with full confidence.

"Non non, Petunia, your accent is horrible. I know that Bridget here can do a hundred times better than you!" Mamzelle cried.

Bridget smiled at this unexpected praise, but Petunia was flaming, "How dare Mamzelle say that! I shall write to my mother about how bad Mamzelle treats me." Petunia thought.

Petunia found it unbearable, that every minute, Mamzelle compliments Bridget.

Finally, Petunia lost it. So she tugged hard on Laura's ponytail, making her signature hair tie that she wore everyday drop , just to make Bridget angry. Not only that, Petunia used Laura's hair tie and flung it right at Mamzelle's arm. "Ow, that hurts!", Laura and Mamzelle yelped.

"Laura Jones!", exclaimed Mamzelle Lizanna, as she picked up her hair tie. "I have never thought you'd do something so beastly!".

Petunia smiled smugly. Her plan was going brilliantly, she had framed Laura up and made Bridget angry!

"It wasn't Laura's fault, Mamzelle," Bridget begged. "Petunia pulled off Laura's hair tie and flung it at you!"

Mamzelle smiled sympathetically the moment she saw Bridget's desperate face.

"Ma cher!" she calmed her down with her 'fairy-godmother-voice'. "Of course I believe you! This is the type of thing Petunia would do!". "I am very sorry ma cher"Mamzelle apologized to Laura

Then Mamzelle suddenly got up and shouted at Petunia.

"En colère contre le Pétunia Turner!" Mamzelle said, her face turning red and her glasses slipping off a little.

"First you push Bridget down the chair! Now you pull poor Laura's hair and fling that abominable hair tie at me, your Mamzelle, unacceptable! How dare you!" Mamzelle screamed. Mamzelle's scream was so loud,that most of the girls had to cover their ears.

Petunia just smiled and looked at her nails as if there were some dirt on it

"How dare you Petunia, how dare you! You are mean, spoiled and nasty. Have you just seen what you have done to my best friend?!" Bridget shouted at Petunia, as she stood up on the table.

"Well, Little Miss Perfect," Petunia retorted. "You just pretend to be pretty with your 'lovely smile', but you haven't a single brain!"

"Enough Petunia Turner! One more time and you will do six, one thousand word essays for me! And Bridget dear, please don't stand on the table, for it will break!" Mamzelle cried.

But Laura wasn't listening to Mamzelle shouting at Petunia.

Laura gasped, aghast. How could Petunia possibly say such a thing!

"How dare you, Petunia!" she shouted.

"I've never thought you would stoop so low!" Laura shouted at Petunia.

"Maintenant, arrête ça déjà!" Mamzelle said to Petunia, trying to take control of this situation.

"I don't understand Mamzelle," Petunia said, still looking at her nails.

"I can't believe it Petunia!" Laura cried.

And with that, Laura ran out of the classroom.

Finally, Bridget couldn't take it anymore. Her best friend was sad, her mistress was flustered, she was mad.

"Freeze!" Bridget screamed.

She didn't know how she did it, her instincts just took over, and let her do this.

Everyone in the class became frozen ice sculptures, except for Bridget.

"Oh no! What have I done?" Bridget cried.

So she ran out of the class.

Right into Principal Carine.