02

"Akala ko may meeting ka sa org n'yo?" 

I gave Yanna a small smile when she took her seat in front of me. I asked her to eat lunch together in Katipunan. My treat of course. We were at Regis. Medyo natagalan siya since nag-LRT pa siguro siya. Ang layo pa naman ng Morayta rito. 

"They postponed it." I shrugged. "Are you okay? You look... How should I say this?" 

She raised a brow before laughing, holding her right cheek with a light bruise on it. She looked unbothered, but I felt so worried. Where did that come from? 

"May nakaaway lang ako," she answered, smiling. "Hindi naman big deal. Hayaan mo na." 

"Are you getting bullied?" My brows furrowed, hoping that the answer would be no. 

She looked at me for a second before she pursed her lips and shrugged. Hindi niya man lang tinanggi. I bit my lower lip and offered my hand above the table for her to hold it. Napatingin siya sa paligid bago binalik ang tingin sa 'kin. 

"Mukha tayong magjowa." She laughed before holding my hand. 

"Why? Why were you on a fight? Sino'ng umaway sa 'yo?" sunod-sunod na tanong ko sa kanya. 

"Some guy." Sumimangot siya, mukhang naiinis kapag naaalala. "I said no and it happened. Hayaan mo na. Mapilit lang 'yong gagong 'yon. Akala ata lahat pinapatulan ko. Namimili rin ako 'no! Choosy ako! Ang baho at pangit niya kaya." 

"'Yon lang?" Nakakunot pa rin ang noo ko. 

"Tsaka may dalawa akong blockmates na nakaaway ko rin. Malandi raw ako." Nagkibit-balikat siya, mukhang walang pakialam. "Eh, totoo naman! Hinayaan ko na lang!" 

"You should not allow those people to treat you like that. Being sexually expressive and active does not make you any less of a woman," I reminded her. "List down their names. Let's report them to-" 

"Hayaan mo na," she cut me off. "Ayoko na ng gulo. Magsasawa rin mga 'yan." 

"Hi, Sam!" Someone I know from my other org waved her hand. Ngumiti ako at tumayo para bigyan siya ng yakap. "What's up? I heard about your engagement with Clyden. Don't ask me why I know. Gosh, my boyfriend was at his party a few months ago." 

"Oh, uhm-" I looked away, feeling a little awkward. "Yeah, I guess." 

"You would make a great couple! Though I heard that guy is difficult to deal with. Anyway, I need to go to class pa. I'll see you around!" She waved her hand again before leaving. 

"Engagement?" Yanna raised a brow when I went back to my seat. She scoffed, feeling a little betrayed. "Anong engagement?" 

"It's nothing," I lied. "I'll get our food na."