40 - Advice

"I love you" he said firmly

Hermione was quiet for a second, then upon realizing what Draco had just said, breathed out heavily, knowing that was hard for him.
Then, she started crying, and she couldn't stop

Draco was still horrible at comforting crying women and didn't know what to do...

Why is she crying now? Salazar I knew I shouldn't have said it. She doesn't love me and now she's crying because she feels bad...what do I even do in this situation?

"Um. Hermione? Are you...okay?" Draco asked, concerned as she continued crying

Finally, she nods, her tears slowing

Instead of saying anything, Hermione opts to hug Draco.

two times in one week...look at that.

Draco is still utterly confused, so he pulls away from their warm hug to ask Hermione what this meant for her

"Draco. It means I love you." She smiles, leaning up to kiss him, and then pulling him back into their hug

They slowly enter the common room, hands still tight together, sitting down on a loveseat by the fireplace and cuddling

Hermione smiles. It was a good day.

Draco had told her he loved her, Alexandra would soon be out of their lives, they were getting married in a few months and Draco seems like a totally different person to who he was a year ago...they were even cuddling in their common room.

Life was so incredibly different from a year ago. She loved it. But they still hadn't even chose a wedding date.

Breaking the silence, Hermione quietly asks Draco about their wedding date.

They quietly discuss their options for several minutes, looking at a calendar Hermione conjured, finally deciding on early May.

"I like May first...but the Battle of Hogwarts is the day after. Do you think it's insensitive?"

"Some people will probably think so, but I like the day and so do you so screw everyone else. Let's get married on May 1st." He smirks

Hermione smiles, glad he agreed with her and wrote down their wedding date.

All of a sudden, they get a burst of energy and begin planning their wedding. High on the excitement of it all.

They argue about the location, colour theme (no red. Draco refused.) and even food.

Draco wanted high class, fancy food and themes while Hermione wanted a simple wedding with simple food.

She knew Draco was wealthy and apart of the upper class of wizarding families, but she wasn't used to anything of that and she had no idea how she would ever get used to it.

Once their energy had depleted again, Hermione thought in their silence about their future. She didn't want their child to be how Draco was all through their education. She didn't want to have a snotty, bratty kid.

"Hey Drake...don't take this in the wrong way, but I don't want our child to be like you when we were young. You were such a little brat." She smiles

He chuckles, "Yeah...I know I was. If our child turns into me I don't know what I'll do. No one should be like I was." He smiles, kissing the top of her head.

Finally realizing how late it had gotten, they head to their shared room and go straight to bed.

\\~//

Alexandra would be leaving today.

Hermione knew she might never see the bitch again, so she quickly ran to the stone circle right after she woke up. She had to do one last thing before she left for good. She also needed to make sure no one was around.