prologue.

"I don't want to go." Haneul groaned. She hid under the covers of her beloved top bunk.

"Hannah Lee! You are 17 and you should start enjoying yourself. It's just a dinner with my colleagues." Mark argued. "The Dreamies. You've met them before, right?"

"Is Taeyong going to be there?" She asked, peeking from the covers.

"No but—"

"Then no." Haneul turned him down once more. As much as she wanted to spend time with her brother she hated being around other people she didn't trust.

"If you change your mind you can join us. We'll be at the diner down the street, okay?" Mark said turning the lights off. "I love you sis. You're stronger than you think."

With that, Haneul was left alone with her thoughts.

She knew he was right. She should try to be stronger and start new. She envied her brother for being able to socialize so easily and be strong as an idol. After a couple of minutes of not being able to focus on her drama she decided to go after Mark.

She changed into some presentable clothes and fixed her thick hair. She stared at herself in the mirror, eyes burning with determination. She's in a new country and she can start anew.

"Lee Haneul, mama raised no bitch. Square up."

Haneul grabbed her purse and headed out, making sure to lock the doors. She walked down the street and towards the diner Mark said. She looked through the windows and saw her brother with his friends.

Should I text him?

She stood outside by the door, contemplating whether it was a good idea she actually came. The confidence she had earlier immediately disappeared. Her heart raced as her hand shakily reached out to grab the handle.

"I can't do it!" Haneul sighed, ready to walk away. She came to a sudden stop and nearly lost her balance as she tried to avoid the kid standing behind her.

"Why don't you go inside? Aren't your friends waiting for you?" The kid asked. She looked up to Haneul with curious and worried eyes.

Haneul bent down to her height with a smile and ruffled her hair. "Sometimes, adults have a hard time adjusting and talking with others. You wouldn't understand now, but you will later."

"How come you can talk to me?" The kid asked. Haneul couldn't resist her cuteness and didn't want to ruin her view of the world.

"Because kids are usually the purest and most honest." Haneul answered. The kid looked like she had made an epiphany and grinned.

"Don't worry! I can help!" The kids cheerfully said. She gave Haneul a thumbs up before running into the diner.

"Such a strange kid." Haneul mumbled.

She decided to go home, not able to bring herself to face her fears. She made a beeline to her room and quickly changed into her sleepwear. She climbed to her bed and collapsed into it. She closed her eyes and drifted off. Something didn't feel right and her feeling turned out to be right in the morning.

Care
||Start||