Chapter 35

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS. THEY ARE ALL BY SHANNON MESSENGER FROM KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES.

A/N: I don't know if this will make you all mushy and sad, but I imagined this chapter and it made me so sad. Just saying, you can go on and read now!

P.S. this will be another long chapter.

----------
3RD PERSON
----------

Their cognate test will take place during their Telepathy session, meaning their friends can't exactly watch and wait for the results.

The only people who will know first are themselves, the councilors, and their parents.

Before they proceed to their room, their friends told them 'goodluck' and 'we know you guys can do this' before going to their own classes- except Keefe who'll be ditching at his favorite spot.

Fitz softly squeezed Sophie's hand as they make their way to their room.

"You ready?" He asked.

Sophie gulped, looking at her soon to be cognate and the big door in front of them.

"Yeah." she finally answered as they both pushed the door opened.

Inside, Tiergan and the councilors have been expectantly waiting for them. Tiergan explained what will happen once again, and gestured for them to start whenever they're ready.

As expected, Oralie is the empath who will oversee their emotions, so that made Sophie relaxed a bit.

"Hey, before we start, can I just... prepare myself?" Sophie asked Fitz and he nodded.

"Yeah, me too. Tell me when you're ready." He replied as he started taking in deep breaths.

Sophie closed her eyes and looked as if she was mentally relaxing herself, when she's actually transmitting to someone.

Umm, Oralie? I'm sorry I know this is very impolite- and would land me on a tribunal, but is it okay if I ask you a favor? Oralie didn't flinch at all, so no one looked at them suspiciously.

What is it, Sophie? She asked in a motherly tone. She tried to look calm from where she was sitting to avoid getting unwanted attention.

I'm... going to tell Fitz everything, including the... mission... and I know his emotions will really spike, to say the least... so... can you not report that?

Oralie was silent for a moment, probably thinking if she would accept her favor or not. So you're basically telling me to lie? she said, but not in an angry tone.

That made Sophie relax a bit.

Not really, I know we'd really get emotional at some point, but please wait until we're done. You can decide for yourself by then. Sophie transimtted back.

Oralie nodded, which meant she was ready. She turned to look back at Fitz, who looked ready as well.

We good? -S

Yeah. -F

Their hands snapped together due to the effects of their cognate rings. They didn't bother removing it, instead, they hold onto it as if it was the only thing left keeping them sane.

"We're ready." They both announced. Oralie stood and went closer to them, nodding at them to tell that they can start.

They sat in the floor, like how they usually do during their session. It was more comfortable, and it kind of became their habit by now, so it was not surprising.