Part 31: VK Day?

After a week of being cooped up in the tower with three people nagging at me to do stuff, I left. I didn't get too far because the next thing I knew, I was standing in front of Lady Tremaine's Curl Up and Dye. I knew they weren't open until midnight but I needed to see Dizzy about my hair.

"Did you hear that VK day is coming up?" Dizzy asked.

"When?" I asked.

"In a month," Dizzy said.

"What even is VK day?" I asked.

"Mal, Evie, Jay, Carlos, and Harry are coming to pick four kids to go to Auradon," Dizzy said, sounding excited about the event.

"That's awesome!" I said.

"Yeah," Dizzy said. "Anyway, I love your hair!"

"Thanks, I did it myself," I smiled. "That's actually one of the reasons I came here. Can you help me even it out and layer it?"

"Yeah, I would love to," Dizzy said, walking over to the chair. "Please, have a seat."

A month had passed since that day and it was just a normal day. Well, was. All of a sudden, a crowd began to form and Harry, Evie, Jay, Mal, and Carlos were leading it. They were marching through different parts of the Isle singing before bringing everyone to the front.

Once they were done singing, everything seemed to get serious as the five of them stood on a balcony. Everyone cheered as Mal, Evie, Harry, Jay, and Carlos looked around at everyone.

"Who wants to go, you?" Mal asked, pointing at someone in the crowd.

"Yes!" they cheered.

People then began chattering as Carlos and Jay went to stand at the stairs and Mal and Evie marched towards the back of the balcony to grab some papers. As they came back, everyone began cheering again.

"Are you excited?" Mal asked.

"Are you kidding? I'm so excited!" Evie gushed. "I can't believe this day has finally arrived."

People cheered.

"I honestly wish we could take you all with us and, someday very soon, maybe we can," Evie smiled.

"Yeah, we're going to be back so many times," Mal laughed. "You're going to be so sick of us."

"So sick of us," Evie repeated.

Some people laughed while other people, like me, just stood there.

"Can I get a drumroll please?" Evie asked.

Upon her request, people started stomping their feet.

"First, I would like to begin with the granddaughter of Lady Tremaine, daughter of Drizella, my sweet, sweet friend. My Dizzy," Evie smiled as Dizzy smiled and ran up the stairs to Evie before hugging her.

"Next, is the son of Smee," Carlos said. "Come on, Squeaky."

Smee smiled and gently pushed his son, Squeaky, over to a smiling Carlos.

"And, there's no way we're splitting up the twins," Jay smiled. "So get over here, Squirmy. Come on."

Squirmy silently walked over to Jay as the crowd cheered.

"And, last but certainly not least, we all picked this girl because we thought she could use a little bit of Fairy Godmother's goodness class," Mal said as I rolled my eyes at the thought of Fairy Godmother. "Give it up for Dr. Facilier's daughter, Celia!"

"I'm bad," Celia said as she walked through the crowd.

As Celia made her way up the stairs, I felt someone's eyes on me. I looked up to see Harry's familiar blue eyes on me. I smiled up at him.

"We certainly weren't expecting to add this one, or even see her again," Harry said, smiling at me. "But, Chloe de Vil, daughter of Cruella de Vil, can you please make your way up here?"

I smiled and made my way through the crowd. I walked up the stairs and once I had made my way up to the balcony, I walked over to Harry. His smile grew as I grabbed the collar of his shirt and kissed him. The crowd awed as Harry deepened the kiss. Everything was perfect.