22: Don't Leave Me

a/n:
•merry Christmas!! here's your gift, even if some of you guys don't celebrate it

12 -25 - 2014

~Jacob's pov~

~Jacob's pov~

I was playing Assassins Creed and was so into the game and so intent on killing the unsuspecting people that I ended up burning myself when I tried to set a barrel on fire because my mom called me from downstairs.

"Jacob! Weren't you supposed to pick Rocky up from Mikayla's house?" she asked as the sound of the big spoon hitting a pot bounced along the walls of the house.

My eyes widened. Was it that time already? The numbers in my clock in my nightstand told me that it was already ten minutes past the time I was supposed to be at Mikayla's house.

I got up and put some shoes and grabbed my keys and then jogged downstairs.

"I'll be back!" I yelled out to everyone in the house. From the way I saw Bryan running up the stairs, he was going to steal my game and play while I was gone.

"You better be back for dinner!" my dad replied gruffly.

I rolled my eyes and walked out to my car and slid into it before taking off to Mikayla's house.

***

I parked in the driveway when I arrived at Mikayla's house. There was no light on that I could see through the windows but I saw the familiar puff of black hair pass by a window when I was looking.

I ran to to the front doorstep because it looked like it was about to rain. Knocking and calling out her name wasn't making her come down and open the door and I began thinking of the last time when she wouldn't open the door when I was knocking and when I threatened to break the door she did, and I found her crying her eyes out because she found out about Aiden and one of her friends.

I began getting worried when after five minutes I was still there knocking and yelling and no one was answering my calls from outside.

'There has to be an extra key around here somewhere,' I thought.

I looked under the welcome mat, the only thing under there was floor and some dust. There was a plant by the door but my hand only came back up with dirt after the numerous times of searching. I let my fingers slide over the door and smiled when I hit something cold and small. Grabbing it in my hand and pulling it down, my smile widened when it was exactly what I was looking for.

When I had opened the door, I heard hiccups and sobs and ran upstairs when I found out my theory was correct. Mikayla was crying, histerrically actually.

The door to her room was closed but thanked everything that was holy when I opened it, it wasn't locked like the first time.

"Mikayla?"

There she was, crying and sipping with Rocky beside her laying there with his paws under his chin looking defeated as if he had given up on trying to comfort her. Her gaze snapped to me when I took my first steps towards her. She retracted the drink from her lips and I noticed the two other empty ones beside her. She's drinking. And it looked like she planned on drinking more than she had at the party yesterday by the five others full with liquid.

"Get out." There was no emotion in her voice and it scared me because she was one of the most happiest people I was proud to say I have in my life.

"What?" I asked and I was sure the hurt was evident in my voice.

"You heard." She took another sip.

I shook my head to clear the thoughts running in my mind and took long strides over to her and tried to take the drink from her. She moved her hands away the second my hand was going to wrap around it.

"Just leave," she hissed. "God knows it's what everybody else does," she said more quietly. I don't think I was supposed to hear that.

"What?"

Mikayla groaned like I was disregarding the big picture. "Do you not get it? Do I have to spell everything out for you? Everybody leaves me! My mom's embarrassed of me, me and my father aren't as close as we used to be. It's only a matter of time before you decide to leave, too!" she fumed and cried at the same time.

I was wasn't leaving her right now like she had asked, and I wasn't leaving her ever.

I sighed and was able to steal the bottle away from her and put it down on her dresser drawer. "I will never leave you, I can't."

"Yes y—you can. You have two legs, the door's right there," she gestured outside her window, "you don't have to look back."

I pushed on her shoulders to lay her down in her bed. "You're right I wouldn't look back," I covered her with the blankets and gathered all the empty beer bottles, "because I never would've walked away in the first place."

She hummed as I contemplated whether or not to stay, but made the decision to stay until at least she fell asleep.

She talked drunkenly for about half an hour before her eyes started drooping and her voice was becoming slurry-er with drowsiness, so I stood up and was about to call Rocky over quietly, when a cold hand clasped around my own.

"Stay," she muttered. "Don't leave me."

My mind went back to half an hour ago when she informed me of how everyone deserted her. I came to the resolution I would stay with her.

And never, ever leave.

-

a/n:
•sorry if I got some of the things on assassins creed wrong. these guys were talking about it in my class and I gathered as much info as I could