Chapter 13 ~ New Challenger Approaching!

A.N. I just think this music fits well with this chapter, I don't know. 😂

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

Mike joined the battle awfully excited.

Super jumping in the sky, he came down faster than expected with his Splashdown activated.

"Fallback!" I yelled at the close combat fighters. There were simply too many for them to handle. They would surely get splatted if they weren't careful. Not only that, but because of the incoming Splashdown that Mike had brought upon us.

He landed in the center of the battlefield, but luckily missed everyone.

Callie, Marina and Isabel super jumped to Jake's and I's location, also aware they couldn't take too many on. Jake, Marie and I were doing our best to provide support from behind, trying to lower the burden of the close combat fighters. Not long after, Marie gained her special behind us, hovering over us while shooting the blaster and taking out groups of Octarians.

"This is bad," I thought to myself as I heard even more inkoming Octarians. My head turned up abruptly seeing Mike had leaped into the sky, getting ready to swing his roller.

Callie's and Mike's roller collided, a huge splash of both ink colors covering the surrounding area.

"I'm sorry, Sarah. But we have to help Callie." Isabel said apologetically, heading towards and sloshing over the enemy Octarians, who were still shooting at all of us. They were certainly persistent about splatting us. Marina tagged along, the pair sprinting into the chaos of ink occurring right before my eyes.

Callie and Mike were still in their fight, though she seemed to be struggling. Yet Mike had a confident grin on his face. Agent 1, stepping aside, took another swing at him, though it was another failed attempt. Mike successfully blocked it, shoved with enough force for her lose her grip on her roller, and took a swing himself.

A direct hit to the side.

Callie yelped in pain as the sound of her Hero armor shattering echoed in the battlefield, alongside all the swinging and shooting. However, the power of his swing had sent her flying to the metal walls surrounding the facility, abruptly knocking her out. 

I continued to take down as many Octarians as I could as quickly as possible. Not wanting anyone else to get hurt. Isabel used her Tenta Missiles once again, luckily getting more than
5 splats with it. Jake used his Splashdown again, taking another huge group out. Pearl and Marina were holding their own, mainly 1 versus 3's.

However it seemed as if Mike had planned this all out.

Almost too quickly, he had shattered Marina's, Isabel's and Pearl's armor with direct hits, while also sending them to the surrounding walls. Luckily none of them blacked out, but were still too injured and fatigued to move anymore. His moves were quick, full of power, and unexpected. To me, it looked like those goggles have made him even faster and stronger than he was in Inkopolis.

~ "I could've done better, I'm a bit rusty." ~

Is that what he meant by those words? Mike just single handedly took out three elite agents with such ease, it was unnatural. But...why hasn't he splatted any of the immobilized agents..? I'm glad that he hasn't, but it was raising my suspicion.

Isabel was laying down on her stomach, her long tentacle hair hiding her face from view. Pearl's body was slouched against the wall, her dualies slipping out of her hand. Marina was trying to get up, but was too fatigued to even lift herself off of the ground. Meanwhile, Marie had stopped shooting, and went to aid her cousin.