06. dog kibble

s2e3: bad moon rising

"I'm here." Brynley walked into the Salvatore house.

"You don't have to be invited in?" Stefan questioned.

"I'm not a vampire." Brynley replied.

"Yeah, she's a pixie." Damon smirked.

"Fairy." Brynley corrected. "What's going on?"

"Isobel's research here in Mystic Falls rooted in folklores and legends but at the time I thought much of which was fiction." Alaric explained.

"Like that amazing vampire story." Damon joked.

"Aside from vampires, what else?" Elena asked.

"The lycanthrope." Alaric suggested.

"Wait, like werewolves?" Elena looked at him in disbelief.

"No way, impossible, way too Lon Chaney." Damon disagreed.

"Is it?" Stefan looked at him.

"No, it's not. My mom mentioned werewolves in one of her journals." Brynley informed. "Werewolves and vampires are enemies and fairies were the peacemakers but we often got caught in the crossfire."

"I've been on this planet one hundred and sixty some odd years, never came across one. If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?" Damon asked.

"Why do you suspect the Lockwoods?" Alaric looked at Damon.

"Because vervain didn't affect the mayor at Founders' Day but the Gilbert device did and it affected his son Tyler," Damon explained before pointing at Bryn. "But it also affected pixie dust over here."

"So the device affects all supernatural beings, except witches." Brynley concluded.

-

"Ugh," Brynley's face scrunched as she took a sip of the fruit punch at Tyler's pool party before she adjusted her bikini. "Is there vodka in this?"

"You know it, Bryn-B," Tyler shrugged and Brynley rolled her eyes and sat down next to Matt. "Is it me or did Aimee Bradley's ass get hot?"

"All class." Matt sighed and Brynley rolled her eyes once more.

"There's too much sugar in this, I'm getting water." Brynley placed her cup down before walking over to the refreshments table and grabbing a water bottle.

"Where is Forbes?" Tyler asked as Brynley walked back to her friends.

"I wish I knew." Matt replied.

"You guys are on the outs already?" Brynley questioned.

"No. We're fine. I'm fine. I'm just not sure what she is." Matt explained and he looked at Mason Lockwood. "What's your uncle doing here?"

"I don't know." Tyler walked away from his bestfriends.

"So what's going on with Caroline?" Brynley turned to Matt.

"She's just weird." Matt answered.

"Maybe she's just exhausted from everything with the car crash?" Brynley suggested, knowing she couldn't tell Matt his girlfriend was now a vampire.

-

"He's mad at me." Caroline pouted to Brynley and Stefan after the party, still at the swimming hole.