t h i r t y - f i v e

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

t h i r t y - f i v e

"I missed you," her voice wavers, face pressed into his torso, taking in his scent deeply. Her wolf peeks out, showing herself and relishing in his presence.

His arms wrap around her with a tight grip, holding her as close as it was physically possible. His wolf calls out to hers, howling , waiting for his female and the two bond in harmony.

"I'm here," voice rough and deep, and he kisses the top of her head, a thumb coming up to brush the moisture collecting in her eyes. She gives him a tired smile, head resting back onto his torso, as his hand rubs her back soothingly, giving her the comfort she had ached for so long.

She steps back a little from him, their hands loosely entwined. Her eyes narrow, getting a good look at him. It had only been a week since she last saw him, but he had only stayed for the one night, and it felt like eternity without him. He was a little scruffy, facial hair growing out on his cheeks, spanning to the cut of his sharp jaw. His hair was a little longer than usual, and the clothes that he wore were in tatters, the fabric fraying with holes in.

The wolves who had accompanied him in the south were in a similar state, and had already dissipated towards going back to their homes. They'd each make the best that they could of the two days that they had with their families, mates and children. Adah felt happy for them. It was the case for the whole country, regardless if they were a part of the rebellion or not. Everyone would have this short time with the people they loved.

"You should go shower and freshen up. I'll run you a bath for a little bit, and then you can eat. We'll leave afterwards," she mutters, still wrapped around him.

He doesn't say anything, just drinking in all of her presence, the wolf within him in glee, the blood staining his hands forgotten about momentarily. With Adah, he felt like an angel.

Unfortunately, everything as Uriah had said, was rushed the moment Micajah had stepped foot onto his soil. Alpha Tyler's pack was a while away, and it was already well past lunch currently too. By the time Micajah managed to freshen up, and eat, it was just a little before six in the evening, which is when they set off. And through the car journey, he was avidly tired.

Though he tried to attempt to stay awake and enjoy his time with Adah, and talk about everything and anything, the temptation of sleep was stronger. Adah didn't mind, she understood and would rather his physical condition be up to par. She couldn't be selfish and keep him awake so she could spend time with him.

He fell asleep with his head in her lap, and her fingers caressing his dark, thick locks that had been cut down, so they weren't so unruly now. He slept peacefully with her near him. Adah liked this anyway, she got to be next to him, and she was grateful. The wolf within her was relaxed and happy.

"My love?" her tone is low, a curled finger caressing his cheek, shrugging his hair out of his face.

Micajah stirs with a little grown, features twisting, with no clear want to leave his slumber just yet. Adah's lips curl. It had been almost five hours since they'd been driving, and they just pulled into Alpha Tyler's pack. Adah couldn't admire the beauty of the north, for it was almost pitch black outside. Through soft words of encouragement, Micajah eventually pulls himself together and wakes up, his lips pouting and features drenched in drowsiness.