Chapter 61

Tanvi's P.O.V.

I felt light-headed as I woke up. The world spun around me as I opened my eyes for the first time. I blinked them several times to get used to the room and  for the spinning to stop. I felt something around my chest and when I was about to raise my hand to feel the tightness around my shoulder, I winced as pain shot through my left side of the body.

I just let my head rest against the pillow and then realised I was being used a pillow by someone else. Upon looking carefully, I noticed a familiar head resting on my stomach. His face was turned towards the other side as he slept.

"Arjun!", I hissed. He woke up, startled and then stared at me. He blinked once, twice and thrice and widened his eyes and the continued to stare at me.

"I am not that beautiful honey", I said as I looked at him. His wife eyes filled with mischief as he smirked.

"Oh yes baby, you're beautiful, so beautiful", he whispered and leaned in to kiss my cheeks which were already the shade of red.

He then helped me sit up and then narrowed his eyes.

"Are you bipolar?"

"Wh-I"

"Because your mood goes from all flirty and lovey to this narrow eyed one", I said as I pouted.

"You took the bullet! What were you even thinking?"

"That I had to save the man I love"

"But I am supposed to save you!"

"And who said?", I asked as I raised my eyebrow.

"But you weren't supposed to take a bullet"

"Arjun, my love, I'll take a bullet all over again for you", I said seriously.

"Shut up", he grumbled and I just chuckled. I opened my arms for a hug and he immediately hugged me tightly.

"I love you baby", he mumbled and kissed the side of my forehead before letting his chin rest on my head.

"I love you too", I mumbled quietly.

"I was so scared", he said as he stared at me, his thumb caressing my right cheek because the left one was quite swollen.

"Awee my baby", I cooed and placed a kiss on his forehead and then let out a yawn.

"You need rest, rest for some time, we'll call the doctor in the morning, which is by the way in 6 hours because he told me he'll come at 9", he said and helped me down on the bed.

As he was about to get up and sit in the chair I held his hand.

"Lie down besides me please"

"You're not scared of mom anymore baby?"

"She's already seen us once, so it's ok", I said and scooted a little so he could get inside the bed.

Once he was inside the bed, he pulled me closer until I was practically on top of him, but I didn't mind, because I was finally getting to sleep peacefully in the arms of the man I love.

"I love you Arjun", I said before finally falling asleep.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

"Mom, calm down, you're going to wake her up", I heard someone say.

"But, I just want to-"

"Is she awake?", I heard someone ask loudly as the door slammed open.

"Oh my god guys, just let her rest, you all met her yesterday right? She's just come home, let her rest", Arjun said.