0.29

chapter 29

"are you sure this is a good idea?" jj asks, scrunching his nose as he turns to kiara.

they were currently standing on an empty street, looking up at the wall that surrounded the cameron house. it was the middle of the night, and while everyone was out looking for john b, there was no one out in this part of the streets.

"well, it's the best we got" india pitches in, turning to her boyfriend as she adjusts her top.

"and she's the only one who can clear john b's name" kiara adds, pointing her flashlight at the wall in front of her before moving forward.

she jumps over it, followed by india, jj and then finally a clumsy and wasted pope.

"this is the last place they'll look because of how stupid it is" jj mutters under his breath as he crouches.

the group walks towards the cameron house, keeping a lookout for someone that might be out in the garden.

"okay, i've got a plan" kiara whispers, turning to her friends.

"yeah, i have plans. we can do plan" pope pants as he catches up to the team.

india gives jj a side-eye, silently judging him for giving pope weed.

"let's do the plan thing. let's get it. let's plan it out" pope continues, looking around the place, slightly disoriented.

"the question is, can you handle a plan right now, pope?" india asks quietly as she turns to the boy.

pope scoffs, looking around as if it was the most stupid question.

"of course i can handle a plan right now. i'm- im plan guy. i'm-- i'm mister plan-o-matic. hey, i'm-- i'm always... thinkin of a master plan, aye" he starts singing, his voice rising as he continues.

india sighs as kiara rushes to cover pope's mouth.

pope struggles at her for a moment before finally going quiet. when it's clear that pope isn't going to shout out anymore, she takes her hand off his mouth.

"look, this is a quiet plan" she whispers, her tone on edge.

"i love you" pope finally declares, looking at kiara in the eye.

india gasps quietly, watching the scene in front of her as she starts taking steps back. she didn't want to intrude in their moment, or whatever it was that they were having.

"what?" kiara asks, turning back to pope, shocked at what he just said.

"i said i'm in love with you. i love you" pope repeats, looking around in the dark.

india doesn't waste a second as she breaks out into a run and heads to where jj is.

jj turns to look at her, his eyebrows rising as she sees her.

"everything okay?" he asks, walking up to her.

india points behind her, panting for breath.

"i just... i just heard pope declare his love for kie" she pants out, a shocked tone on her voice.

jj's eyes go wide. "what?"

"yeah, we were just standing there and then kie went to shut him up and then he just blurted it out" she pauses, turning to him. "he was all like 'i love you" she mimics pope's voice. "wait. jj, you can't tell anyone. pope and kie will kill me if they found out i told you" she rambles on.

jj laughs, running a hand through his hair.

"oh my god. i knew pope had something for her, but i didn't know he'd have the guts actually tell her that" he whispers between laughs.