Chapter Ten

Naboo

"(Y/n)," I heard a voice hum softly through the warmth and comfort that surrounded me, my eyes still closed as I clung to sleep with silent longing

"(Y/n)," I heard a voice hum softly through the warmth and comfort that surrounded me, my eyes still closed as I clung to sleep with silent longing. My mind was foggy, tainted by drowsiness as we lay barely aware of my surroundings for once. "(Y/n), it's time to wake up." The voice hummed again, though this time it was accompanied by the sensation of a hand gently brushing a few stray hairs from my face.  I groaned ever a slightly and shifted my position, slowly opening my eyes and letting my senses re-awaken as the world came into blurry focus. As everything became that bit clearer the image of a very familiar face appeared not to far from me, their expression unusually soft as they lightly smiled down and across at me, ice blue eyes fixed on the features of my own face.

Oh the things this boy makes me feel with those eyes alone...

On finally realising I'd been staring I closed my eyes and yawned, moving back from him and those captivating eyes of his just enough not to to fall victim once again to his lips.

"...Are we there..?" I asked quietly while reopening my eyes, having to. blink a few times again so things came into the usual rough focus, the force doing the rest. My memories of last night were hazy like everything else, slowly returning piece by piece until I had a clear picture of how we ended up in this position.

"Yeah we arrived a few minutes back, they're just running a few routine checks and then we'll be getting off." Anakin informed me with the same small smile as before, his eyes never seeming to leave mine for even a minute as we lay and spoke in hushed tones.

"Alright, I guess I should neaten myself up," I said while turning to face away from him, gently liftly his hands off my shoulder as I slowly sat up and rubbed my eyes. Anakin sat up shortly after me, one of his legs set over the edge of the bed and onto the floor while the he rested his arm on the bended knee of the other, finally taking his eyes off me with a smalll hum as he looked ahead. As I started brushing the creases and wrinkles out my borrowed dress, since I hadn't had time to change the previous night, nor thought I needed to, I noticed Padme wasn't in her bed, a frown appearing on my face as I began to worry. "Where's Padme?" I asked, assuming Anakin hadn't let any harm come to the woman nor ignored our duties to protect her.

"Oh don't worry (y/n), I'm here," The woman in question quite suddenly called across from the bathroom area, walking out with a bright smile as she finished fixing her hair. "Sorry if I made you worry, you both looked so peaceful, I didn't want to disturb the moment." The senator admitted while smiling over at us both kindly. I quickly looked away, slightly worried by what she meant by the kind smile, did she know about the kiss? Would she tell the council? Where we in trouble?

"Oh, it's ok senator, as long as you're safe." I replied after a moment, fiddling with the hem of my dress as I smiled back at her.