Fourty Eight

WHILE MARK WAS AT JIMIN's

WHILE MARK WAS AT JIMIN's . . .

Jae's POV

"I told you, it's fine. I wanted you all to go without me anyway." I assure him with a smile.

Taehyung pouts and he shakes his head. "I missed you. You would have enjoyed it."

"I'm sorry. I was trying not to make it obvious in front of Mark that you're secretly meeting the girls behind his back. Otherwise, if it wasn't for his anger issues, I definitely would have tried to work something out." I explain, leaning against the wall in my bedroom.

He nods. "I understand."

Suddenly, his eyes bore into mine. His hand reaches up to my cheek and he caresses it smoothly, gazing at my lips. "Beautiful." He whispers. Next, his arms encircle my waist and brings me into his chest, giving my forehead a kiss.

Taehyung takes my hand in his and leads me to my bed. As I sit down, he immediately hovers over me, causing me to lie down with him on top of me. My hands reach out to touch his cheeks but he captures them in his and intertwines our fingers. Then he kisses my hands while he lays eyes on me with so much love. "You make me fall in love with you every time I look at you."

He had brought a faint blush to my cheeks and my heart fluttered at his comment. A smile forms on his lips and he rests his clothed chest on mine.

His smooth skin is pressed against my limbs, his sweet yet husky smell suffocates my thoughts and his adoring smile makes my heart stop.

How can a hot man like him be so romantically involved with me? He's in love with someone like me. He's so undisputedly ethereal-

He leans in then stops as his lips linger over mine. "I love you, Han Jaeyeon." With that said, he kisses me passionately. He brings our intertwined hands above my head and we share a loving kiss.

My heart is beating rapidly in my chest. The pleasant scent of his cologne overpowers my senses and it draws me in.

Withdrawing my lips from his, he rests his forehead on mine with his hands cupping my cheeks and caressing them. My heart flutters at his actions. Just as he leans in for another kiss, his phone rings. He pouts and parts, checking the caller ID. "Jimin." He reads out.

"Answer it. It could be important." I say.

He nods and stands up. He answers the phone. "Hello." He utters. He listens until his eyes widen. "What? Why? Are you three alright?"

I frown and sit up on my bed, listening to his conversation with Jimin. I hope nothing untoward has happened.

"And what did you tell him?" Then he pauses for a few seconds then sighs in relief. "Thank you so much, Jimin. Honestly, the fact that you still covered up for me really means a lot."