Welcome To My Playground

Doyoung waited until Taeyong and I had disappeared from vision before knocking on his boss' door.

"Come in," Jaehyun consented.

Doyoung opened the door and propped himself against the doorframe. Jaehyun looked up at him from his desk chair.

"What?" Jaehyun demanded.

Doyoung chuckled at his boss' intimidation tactics and took his time in forming a response, something most other members wouldn't dare to do.

"I said, what?" Jaehyun thundered.

Although Doyoung's laughter had faded, his smile remained. He took a step forward and closed the door behind him.

"Did you really mean it when you said she was free to leave, boss?"

Jaehyun's furrowed brows relaxed. Leaning back in his chair and propping his feet on the table, he opened his desk draw and pulled out two cigars. Doyoung walked over to his desk and sit in the very chair Y/N had used only a few moments prior. Jaehyun extended one of the already cigars to the man who readily accepted. Doyoung leaned forward as Jaehyun lit his cigar with a silver lighter, feet still on the desk. Running a hand through his oddly streaked hair, took in a puff of smoke and held it for a few seconds before releasing it into the air. Jaehyun took his time in lighting his own cigar before turning back to Doyoung.

"Say what you will about the old codger, he always did buy the best stogs," He laughed examining the cigar band.

"Stealing from daddy's stash, are we?" Doyoung jokingly mocked.

Jaehyun's face turned cold. Removing his feet from the desk, he leaned forward, staring Doyoung in his eyes.

"What did you say?"

Doyoung matched the man's intense gaze, leaning in to show his lack of fear. Their eyes remained fixed on the others, unblinking until-

"Pfft!" Jaehyun chortled, Doyoung instantly joining in his laughter.

"So, you heard everything, huh?"

"Well, you did ask us beforehand to wait by the door until you both were finished," Doyoung reminded.

Jaehyun nodded before setting the cigar down on a marble cigar stand.

"So, you're really going to let her go?"

"Of course not. If Wayv wants Y/N, then I will do everything in my power to make sure she's out of their reach."

"Then why did you tell her that she was free to go?"

Jaehyun paused.

"I'm still not sure she's telling the truth."

"Sir?"

"If she's working with Wayv, then she'll have no reason to stay other than to find out information. Taeyong is informing her of the rules she'll have to follow as we speak assuming she chooses to stay. These rules will make it impossible for her to gain access to any information we don't want Wayv to know. If we make it clear to her that these are the conditions under which she may stay at the estate and that they will continue to be enforced until Wayv is dealt with, then she will have no reason to stay since her life wouldn't actually be in any danger in the first place."

"You really thought this through, didn't you?" Doyoung complimented.

"Right down to the last detail," Jaehyun mused.

"So what are the rules?"

"Taeil is currently bugging and placing cameras in her room, which she will be informed of. Only the bathroom is free from any form of recording devices. These cameras are transmitted through wiring to a house computer disconnected from wifi and therefore unhackable meaning she won't be able to send any messages to Wayv through the cameras. She will be under constant supervision as for she will be unable to leave the room without-"