Chapter 44

Clem: "Y/N, wake up!"

She shakes him awake and he finally opens his eyes. He lifts himself up and lays against the bed while holding his head.

Clem: "What the hell is your problem?"

Y/N: "What are you talking about?"

Clem: "Are you serious? You're supposed to be leading, but instead you're here drowning your sorrows with alcohol."

She then looks around the room.

Clem: "Where's Ellie?"

Y/N: "I left her with Mr. and Mrs. Johnson."

Clem: "You would sit here and drink instead of taking care of your own daughter?"

Y/N lays head back on the bed and stares at the ceiling.

Clem: "Look, I understand that you lost someone very important to you, a lot of people did, but this is going to help anyone."

Y/N: "No, Clem. You don't understand! I didn't just lose someone important to me, I lost the person who mattered to me the most! I lost the mother of my baby! I lost my will to get up every-single-day and get shit done! I didn't just lose someone important to me, I lost a part of me!"

Clem: "I get it, Y/N. She was important to you, but we've all lost-"

Y/N: "No, no don't try this bullshit with me! I get that we've all lost someone, but you have no idea how much she mattered to me, how much she helped me!"

Clem: "You don't think I've felt the same? What about Lee? You don't think he mattered to me?"

Y/N stands up from the floor.

Y/N: "No this is different. Lee did nothing wrong, he mattered to me as much as he mattered to you. He helped the both of us a lot, but she changed me. She helped me when you had betrayed me!"

Clem: "I already apologized for that! What more do you want?"

Y/N: "I didn't want anything more."

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a ring.

Y/N: "I was gonna marry her. We were already a family, I already had my future planned with her, but it all got snatched away because you couldn't get the job done all those years ago!"

He tosses the ring to her and she inspects it.

Y/N: "This is starting to feel familiar, huh?"

She looks up at him.

Y/N: "This would've never happened, if it wasn't for you."

———

Y/N stands outside of the dorm room, nervously sweating. He takes the ring out of his pocket and looks at it.

Y/N: "Hope this works."

He opens the door and enters the room. He sees Clementine putting on her boots. She smiles at him and he walks up to her. He pecks her a bunch of times while she giggles.

Clem: [giggle] "What was that for?"

Y/N: "What? Am I not allowed to do that?"

Clem: "Yeah."

Y/N: "What are you doing?"

Clem: "I was gonna go hunting with Louis. Why?"

Y/N: "I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Oh shit." He thought to himself.

Clem: "What is it?"

Y/N: "Um..."