Amnesia?

The entrance hall was impressive: plush maroon carpets, marble flooring, exquisitely matched furnishings, and so much space. I swallowed my uncertainty and strode in. The impeccably groomed receptionist looked up from the desk and adopted a practised smile. "And you are?" she asked in a practised fashion. 

"Uh, Amber Harts. Sister of the... g-groom," I stuttered. Anxiety lurked in a corner of my mind, slowly digging its horrendous claws in my confidence but I shrugged it off.

"Of course, miss Harts. Please follow. Your brother is waiting for you." She swiftly motioned and walked off to the direction of the penthouse as I complied and matched my pace with hers.

My family's mansion looked exactly the same now and when I had left it five years ago; high ceilings dressed in coats of blue, black and golden paint, garnished with extravagant, ornate chandeliers which illuminated each room in a soft yellow glow. Dark, polished ebony doors and frames sat in each corner of the corridor. The receptionist led me to a room I recognised as the game-room - the room where my brother and I used to sneak away to in the nights to enjoy the diversity of games and entertainment it provided us with. She opened the door and I strolled inside to see my brother, Jason and his best friend and best mate, Ashton were playing pool. Both of them looked up and smiles spread across their faces before Jason came to hug me. 

"Amber! Its been long since I have seen you. How are you holding up?" he tentatively asked. He was one of the handfuls of people who knew about my extreme case of anxiety disorder. I shrugged off his concern and replied with a bright smile because it was his day. He narrowed his eyes as he does when he suspected anything. Just as he was about to ask something, the door opened and a man walked. He spoke to us in a polite manner as he informed that it was time for Jason to appear in the main room for the after-party and left, closing the door behind him in a hushed whisper. My brother turned to me and extended his arm which I took and he led all three of us the main room, where all guest were mingling with each other. 

And the rest of the night passed away in a flash. The main highlights of the party were, of course, my brother and my sister-in-law."

"There. Are you happy? ," I finished writing and sent the entire file to my brother. After a few minutes later, he asked me to meet at my psychologist's office.

Jason and Mia, my psychologist, were speaking in hushed tones when I entered. "What is happening?"

Jason and my psychologist shared a worried glance before he spoke to me, "You sure you don't remember anything else? Anything else?"

"No. What happened? You are freaking me out."

"Amber, that party was two weeks ago and you were hit by a car when you were making your way to your car. The doctor said you have amnesia because of that incident and..."

I felt the colour drain from my face as my world shifted. Black dots appeared in my vision as my breathing quickened and I fell on the cold, hard ground. I could hear my brother shouting my name but this time it seemed impossible to escape my panic attack. Soon, my world was swallowed by darkness as I closed my eyes.