-xvi. james' revelation

❛ It's just something that I'm gonna do ❜

It's just something that I'm gonna do

Christmas came and left. Now, Claire was back in school and everything was just where she left off. She and James were still playing their parts and Hannah and Riley didn't really question anything anymore.

Mid-January was among them now and this meant the quidditch season grew much more intense. Today was the day they'd be playing Slytherin and it would determine which of the two teams would be moving forward to the cup.

This was all James would ever talk about. Everything was about beating the Slytherins. Claire was going insane, she didn't care for Slytherin or quidditch. Anyways, evidently, James dragged her to the pitch that Saturday afternoon. With a quick peck on the cheek for good luck, she moved to the stands and joined Hannah.

"Here comes the Slytherins, looking as green as ever. Yeah, I really don't like that color. Kinda looks like bogeys and-" Sirius Black's said booming throughout the entire pitch. Many people laughed but Minnie only scolded him.

"Aha, the Gryffindors! I've heard many great things about that house. I love the color scheme honestly gold is one of my favorite colors- oh, they're up, okay!" Sirius rambled.

When the ball was tossed up in the air, Flint swooped in and grabbed it but didn't have it for long when he tried passing it to one of his teammates only for Riley to fly by and catch it effortlessly. She passed it to Jordan who passed it to James and of course, he went straight to the hoops and scored.

"Ten points to Gryffindor for a flawless play!"

After that, it was Slytherin's turn to earn some points but none of that really mattered if Smith caught the snitch. After dodging many beaters and chasers who tried getting in her way, Riley scored three more times.

"What is that? Oh boy, Smith and Black are head to head!" Sirius bellowed. "He's got the snitch! Smith's got the snitch! Gryffindor wins!"

Hannah didn't waste any time in latching onto Claire and leading her away from the ruckus.

They quietly waited for Riley to get dressed, and when she came back, they gave her a quick congratulations and made their way back to the castle. Claire didn't even wait for James, she honestly just wanted to get back to the warm palace.

The party in the common room was just as chaotic as the last one, if not even more. Instead of only Gryffindors, there were Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws as well. No Slytherins though. They were probably moping around in their common room.