Knock on

I stayed in my room for several hours, just staring at the minimalistic digital clock Taeyong had set onto the vanity. It was 2:58, past the time Taeyong said lunch would be delivered to my room. In any other circumstance, I would have just gone to the kitchen and made something myself, but I really didn't want to run into anybody from 127, especially not the pink haired mobster himself. I hadn't eaten at all that day, nor had I had anything to drink other than the tap from the bathroom. There were no cups to be found so I scooped the water into my mouth with my hands.

I wondered if they had forgotten about me or if there was a delay. Either way, the hunger was becoming too strong to ignore comfortable.

I glanced at the door, wondering who on earth could be on the other side. I was almost too afraid to find out. On one hand, it was very possible that they weren't a member of Nct given that Taeyong explained that they had a few staff members on hand that doubled as bodyguards. I couldn't imagine that Nct 127 would waste any of their members time just to stand guard at my door, but on the other hand, I couldn't get rid of the sinking feeling that if I chose to find out I'd be confronted with someone like Doyoung Who I'm sure wouldn't be so pleased with having to escort me around.

I decided to come up with an excuse to open the door, that way if it turned out to be someone, I didn't feel comfortable with taking me to the kitchen, I could just ask them to clarify a rule for me or something. I supposed I could also tell them that I was hungry, but I didn't think that Doyoung would want to be sent on an errand either.

After I made the decision to open the door, I suddenly became excited at the prospect of being able to leave the room I had just spent three hours in doing nothing but staring at my bruises in the bathroom mirror, taking nearly an hour long shower, and looking through the clothes in the closet. They definitely weren't anything I felt comfortable wearing and although I knew I wouldn't feel any guilt asking for clothing more suited to my style, I knew I wouldn't have the guts the actually make the request.

I took a few deep breaths to calm my nerves before I knocked on the door. Nothing happened.

Was there no one on the other side?

Knock knock.

I instantly became confused by the sudden knocking that came from the other side of the door. I knocked again only for them to knock again.

Wanting to know what was going on, I opened the door to see the blonde-haired boy I've come to know as Mark, fist still raised in the air.

"What are you doing?" I asked him, too puzzled by his actions to feel any relief that it was him and not Doyoung.

"Knocking," He answered matter of factly.

"Why?" I asked.

"Shouldn't I be asking that? It makes a lot more sense for someone outside of the room to knock on the door than someone inside of the room."

"What? I mean, you're not wrong but I just..."

Mark began to laugh softly at my perplexed state. Despite feeling even more confused by his reaction, I did notice myself feeling less nervous than before.

"I'm just messing with you," He revealed with a warm smile.

"What do you need?"

"Oh, um... I was just wondering if I could have something to eat."

"Sure no problem, let me just call the cook and have him bring up something," He agreed, taking out his phone.

"W-wait."

Mark paused.

"I was hoping I'd be able to leave my room at some point since there isn't much to do."

Mark stared at me as he processed my words and I became worried that he wouldn't deny my request.

"Oh, I get it. Okay, sure," He agreed.

"Yeah, I forgot that they didn't really give you anything to do."

"Yeah..." I confirmed, not wanting to sound like I was complaining.

"Well, did you want to go now?"

"Yes, if that is okay."

Instead of responding, Mark just started laughing. I couldn't understand why because I didn't think I said anything funny, so I just started awkwardly laughing with him.

"Yeah, no problem. Let's go," He finally instructed.

We walked down a long hallway, and down a long flight of stairs that looked like something the Queen of England would walk down to treat her guests.

When we finally got to the kitchen, there were already several people inside, none of which I had ever seen before.