t h i r t y

Victor's POV

I wished grandfather would have waited for us at home.

His presence at the business meeting was just nerve wrecking, he talked when he needed to be silent and he went to the toilet seven times.

He persisted that we would all wait for him to return.

That why it was dark outside, when we drove home.

He sat in the back, with his bodyguard that more looked like a butler to me.

I actually was pissed off, because of this bodyguard, him grabbing Lilith yesterday wasn't okay at all.

Even though I couldn't complain to grandfather, the next time he touches her I will break his arm.

Jonathan sat beside me like always, playing games on his phone and quietly humming a melody to himself.

"Yesterday was a suprising night, wasn't it boys?" Grandfather's raspy voice broke the silence.

"Well, it could have been more positive." Jon put on a fake smile and I felt his glare at me.

"Lilith will learn to appreciate you, I am sure." I tried my best to sound believable, well I wasn't sure about that.

After she threw the plate, I wanted to lock her in her room.

This girl really thought a tantrum would make her situation any better.

I sighed to myself, the talk we will have tonight will be so tiring, she was so stubborn.

"I told her about your father, did she tell you? It was really funny to see her so shocked." Grandpa laughed softly, his eyes closed for a second thinking back on it.

My hands grabbed the wheel harder. I put my chin up and tried not to loose my temper. "But why did you tell her, Dad clearly said he didn't wanted that to happen."

"You're father did a lot of false decisions, I think this child should know what kind of father will await her." His expression made the anger inside me boil.

"Our father is a good father." Jon tried to protect him.

"Jonathan did I ask you for your opinion?" He raised his eyebrow.

"No, grandpa." Jon bit his lip, again giving me a look.

I knew what he wanted, he wanted me to stand up for them.

I simply couldn't, he wasn't always so hateful, in my childhood I remeber the nice man he once was.

After mother's death he changed, he was the one raising me as the next heir, because father wasn't a big help.

He always played with my younger siblings and tried to raise them to be nice and fair people.

He tried to do the same with me, often he argued with grandfather to let me play.

It was better for my education to learn outside of school as well.

Everything that followed for my father was that he was put into jail.

Only Jon and I knew why he was there, but him leaving us alone changed everything.

The twins, especially Xander started smoking in highschool, Caleb didn't talk much and Jon, he followed me like a dog.

He looked at me with the same eyes he looked at our father.

"Look, grandfather. I understand that you aren't fond of our father or Lilith, but they are a part of our family." I tried to sooth him, glancing at him through the mirror.