xix. bane of my existence

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵
❝ 𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒚 𝒆𝒙𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

MUCH TO VERA'S SURPRISE, SHE FINDS herself quite comfortable with her predicament

MUCH TO VERA'S SURPRISE, SHE FINDS herself quite comfortable with her predicament. Sure, she didn't exactly favor the lack of space under the bushes but she wasn't complaining, as the lack of space only leads to Legolas and Vera pressing up against each other with no choice but to keep close. Vera didn't mind it, finding comfort in Legolas as he brought some warmth and a sense of safety around her.

Legolas, much like Vera, ended up liking it, too. He finds that the limited moving space around them brought his longing wish of having Vera close to him without having any reason to. This time, he had a perfect excuse to keep her touch on his and he uses the moment to absorb the feeling of her skin. The moment he realized the Crebain coming towards them, his first instinct was to grab Vera and keep her out of danger, which is exactly what he did. She was too far from the rest of the Fellowship for his liking and his movements ran before his mind could, singlehandedly keeping her safe. Even his muscle memory seemed to want to protect the mermaid princess. 

However, as much as the two enjoyed the feeling of being so close to one another, they both wished it was under better circumstances. Particularly, on a bed. They would never admit it to themselves but the thought would remain until they could admit what they feel. For now, they let themselves linger in the strange situation, before burying it back, like the thought never occurred in either of their minds.

As if on time, Vera starts to shift uncomfortably against Legolas, trying to create some sort of space between them while Legolas pushes himself against the other side but still kept a firm grip on her waist. Their thoughts are running too wild for them, which is what caused them to separate.

They were arguing moments before; who knew that a bunch of birds would make them realize their feelings? Perhaps, it was the fact that they were alone and under a bush, where their privacy wasn't overcome with the rest of the members. However, the timing was wrong.

The newfound feeling that came with his touch brought Vera to uncharted territory. She wasn't quite unfamiliar with the concept of having a crush on someone but Legolas felt different. She wouldn't justify it as 'feelings' just yet for the refusal in her head made the feelings deeper. But Vera was stubborn and when her mind was set on something, it stays there.

On the other hand, Legolas was wiser about his feelings. While Vera didn't exactly have the right role-model for relationships, Legolas grew up with a loving family. Ever since his youth, he would remember his parents' love for each other and would yearn for it. When an elleth walked in his life, he thought he would find that in her, but was proven wrong when her heart fell for another.