Haunted

"I hate this place," I muttered.
"It looks foggier here than the last time we were here."

When we drove by the cemetery where the burial was going on it was deserted this time. Much more eerie.

"Shit," D said.
"What?"
He groaned.
"My phone decided to die while charging."
He looks at me for a few seconds. Something was off about that.
"Do you remember how to get back?" I asked when I realized that we were now without GPS.
He stared out the windshield window silently.
"I should be okay."

We pulled up to a stop sign. I looked down at my own phone which had chose to die not too long after D's did.
"This shit is crazy," I muttered.
Then, a stillness. I looked up and at D then from him to his dashboard.
"The fuck just happened?" He shouted.
"What?"
"The car turned off."
I know he fucking lying.
"You fucking serious?"
He tried the ignition again and there wasn't a sound or anything. He then turned to look at me with proof before him.
"I'm about to lose my shit," he said after he pressed his head down on the steering wheel.
I looked around outside. Couldn't make out much.
"It's hella weird that there's no other cars on the streets."

But my head snapped in a direction when I thought I saw something. It looked like a figure walking. The person was on my side across the street walking towards the intersection we were stuck at. I couldn't find the voice in me to let D know because I didn't like the vibe I was getting from seeing that person. Something about the way they walked reminded me of someone. I couldn't make out anything else about them besides the walk since they pretty much looked like a walking shadow. Just when I was about to say something the person vanished. Just gone. I blinked my eyes several times but no one else was there. I leaned back in my seat trying to wrap my head around what was happening when I felt something over my shoulder. I sat up and slowly looked over into the back seat.

Something was there. Someone was back there. I moved away despite having nowhere else to go, but then what was back there exposed themselves as if coming up from whatever shadows.

"Tahj?" But I jumped away because this also wasn't Tahj.

It was Tahj's smirk that greeted me. This person had Tahj's look, wear and for the most part his appearance. But I knew this wasn't, couldn't be Tahj. One reason being the face. The eyes. They were bloodshot red, no pupil, no iris. And all over his face were blue veins. They protruded from his skin and snaked all over his face.

Something told me this was the figure that was across the street. I couldn't take my eyes off him... it.

"Hi, Les," it smiled at me.
I don't think I was breathing. He looked down and traced his fingers along the car seats before looking back at me.
"How's your trip going?"
No I was still breathing, I could feel it and hear it. My pulse was in my ears my heart felt as if it wanted to leave me.
"What are you?" I asked.
It frowned at me.
"It's me, Les. Tahj."
My eyes finally parted and I looked back at D but he was still in the same position I last seen him in: forehead and hands on the steering wheel. Except this time it was as if time stood still. He wasn't moving.
I look back at Tahj.
"What's happening?"
Tahj took a deep breath before slowly letting it out.
"You've been very untrustworthy, Les. You don't think I know what happened this weekend?"
I sat there stuck because I still didn't know what the hell was happening. But one thing was for sure:
"You're not real."
He leaned forward and gave me a sinister grin.
"Is that what you think?"
He looked amused.
"If I'm not real then how do I know what you've been doing this weekend? I followed you here, Les. I saw everything."
I shook my head. This wasn't right.
"You cheated on me, Les."
I look back at him, didn't even realize I had looked away.
"After everything you've been through and told me you cheated on me anyways."
"You're not—"
"You lied to me," he said over me. "About him." He nods in D's direction. "I thought you said you wanted me and that there wasn't anything serious happening between you two. But you lied."
"Tah—"
"You fucked him!" He yelled over me. There was a depth to his voice that seemed to come at me from all directions. I tried to move back but I was already up against the car door.
"You're a liar and a cheater. You might as well have stayed with Jackie instead of wasting my time or even Damario's."
I shut my eyes.