t h i r t y - s e v e n

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

t h i r t y - s e v e n

When she wakes up again, it's because Micajah's pampering her with kisses, all over her face down the nape of her neck to her bare shoulder. Her eyes flutter open, lips curving into a sleepy smile. She uses her finger to caress his cheek, the skin smooth. They move to his lips, tracing them, before he takes a playful bite. She chuckles, before sitting up, stretching her limbs and yawning.

"Jayden came earlier to wake us up. They're preparing breakfast, and I didn't think it'd look good if we were late. I want you to eat properly. It's going to be a long meeting afterwards," nose rubbing down the nape of her neck. She yawns again, with a small nod.

After a quick shower, Adah changes into a baby blue dress, and she braided her hair down into two dutch braids. She slips into some white sneakers, and sat on the edge of the bed, watching Micajah mess around with his hair for a bit, with some hair gel and products, for it to still look the same as it did when he woke up. She informs him of this, and she gets a slap to the ass as a response.

A knock on the door stops their playfulness, and Uriah and Jayden are both waiting. Uriah crinkles his features in pretence.

"Yo, you guys must've went to town last night. It reeks. They better burn the sheets," he says with a sly tone, and Adah gives him a hard shove, to which he snickers too.

He seems to be good, if not glowing. Last night with Lena must've gone well, and the whole group can tell and are happy for him.

The four of them head down the breakfast, the room already filled with laughter and chatter. The pack was happy that the war was on hold, even if it was only for a couple of days, and they all had reunited in glee. It was an amazing thing to watch.

Adah watches Uriah's gaze wander around the room, his features settling into a frown when among the sea of pack members, there is no Lena. There isn't a Tyler either, and Adah couldn't help but wonder if the words Lena said to him truly got to him. However, their father is there, taking the seat at the head table. A seat that is no longer his.

"Micajah," he greets with a scowl, and the four of them near the table.

Micajah's jaw tenses. His eyes are light, daring. The wolf didn't like this male, and the outward disrespect of not using his title infuriated him. The room went cold, and a dark aura reached out from Micajah. Adah doesn't make a move to stop him. The more she learnt about Tyler and Lena, the more she disliked this poor excuse for a father.

"It's King Micajah," the words are spoken lowly, with a deathly undertone. The father seems stunned, his wolf wallowing in surprise and a little fear. He doesn't say anything.

"Repeat it," uttered softly, like a flower with the deadliest petals. Micajah isn't fucking around, his hand is ready to take a throat, and this male knows it. He knows who is in charge.

"King Micajah," the male drawls out, and Micajah's mouth lifts into a smirk, that isn't friendly.

"Good. You better fucking remember that," it's muttered lowly, and he takes his seat, filling a plate of food for Adah and himself to share.

The room rises from silence into gleeful chatter again. Uriah stays quiet, his hopes diminishing as the time for breakfast eventually ends and there is still no sight of Lena. After breakfast, the four of them are left to do whatever they want. The pack seemed a little unorganised, but Adah didn't think that was the norm. They were a little flustered and the war had things up and down.