Comfort From Friends

Hoseok showed up at Jeongguk's apartment about ten minutes before with a worried, frantic face holding back his tears.

Now, all three boys sat on the couch, Hobi in the middle as the other two tried their best to comfort the struggling male.

Hobi isn't normally one to shy away from his emotions. He's never afraid to show how happy he is or how much something means to him. He always expresses his thoughts and gratitude when given the opportunity. 

Right now, Hoseok wasn't doing anything different. He didn't wipe away the tear that fell down his cheek, or brush away the comforting touches of his friends. But still, Jeongguk found the situation concerning. Even though Hobi wasn't holding back, he was showing a rare side of him. It's not often that his friend is sad. He always manages to find the positive side of things.

"Hobi, what's the matter? What happened?" Jeongguk finally asked, breaking the thick silence that had been cast over the room.

"You told me to stop running away from my feelings," Hoseok responded dejectedly. Any trace of happiness was replaced with sadness and exhaustion. "A-and Jimin told me to talk to Yoongi. He said he thought Yoongi might-" he choked up.

"Might what?" Taehyung asked carefully.

"Nevermind," he sighed. "Forget I said anything." He slumped back against the couch, releasing a heavy breath.

"Did you talk to him? Did you tell him your feelings?" Jeongukk asked. Nervous about what the latter may say. Clearly whatever was discussed did not go well. And Jeongguk knows about Yoongi's feelings, so it wouldn't make sense that he got rejected...right?

"Psh. No. He didn't even let me get to that part," he scoffed, crossing his arms from where he was slumped on the cushions.

"What did he say? What made you upset?" Once again, Jeongguk took control of asking the questions. He knows Tae is only newly friends with Hoseok, and that he may not be as filled in on the situation as Jeongguk is, and he didn't want him to feel obligated to say anything. Heck, Hobi probably doesn't know how much Jeongguk knows! Imagine having to watch two of your closest friends pine over each other and question their feelings 24/7! Meanwhile you know everything. You know that your friends both like each other and you also  know that one of them may have feelings for someone else! AND ON TOP OF THAT!!! You're harboring a FUGITIVE! Well, that's kind of what Taehyung is anyways...STILL! JEON JEONGGUK IS FREAKING THE FRICK OUT! NOT ONLY DOES HE HAVE HIS BEST FRIENDS' RELATIONSHIP TO WORRY ABOUT, HE HAS HIS OWN! AND ON TOP OF THAT HE'S TRYING TO HELP HIS LOVE INTEREST, WHO IS LIVING WITH HIM, EARN ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY OFF HIS DEBT TO HIS STUPID FREAKING SON OF A BICH FATHER!

man...maybe he needs a journal or something to start venting in. Seriously, he seems to be dealing with a lot...

"Space," he uttered out. "Space. He wants space. Oh, from who, you may ask? From me. He wants space from me."  Rather than appearing sad as he did just minutes before, he was now starting to steam with frustration. He still couldn't believe that his best friend, the person he was going to possibly confess his feelings to, wanted space from him.

"Yoongi said that?" Jeongguk asked softly, disbelief evident in his tone.

"Yep," he said, popping the 'p'. "I was going to give up on Jimin...I was going to confess," he trailed off, getting softer at the end of his sentence.

"Oh Hobi..." Taehyung sympathized, pulling the older in for a much needed hug.

"It's alright," Hoseok responded, welcoming the embrace. "I'll be okay, I think."

"Maybe just take this time to try and work out your feelings?" Tae suggested, pulling back from the hug only to rest his head on the male's shoulder.

"Yeah," Hoseok responded, leaning his head against the other's. "Maybe I should do that."

Taehyung looked up from where he lays on Hobi's shoulder, surprised to find Jeongguk already staring at him with a fond gaze. Tae returns the smile, reaching out to grab the boy's hand and holds it in his own.

Hobi will be alright, Tae figured. The rest of the night they will just watch movies, Jeongguk and Taehyung inconspicuously stealing glances at each other when the other is not looking.

As for Hobi, he felt a lot better after talking things out with his friends. He would take this time to figure out his feelings. Besides, it wouldn't be fair to commit to a person and a relationship if he still had feelings for another person.

Now, Taehyung thought, he just has to check up on Jimin. He knows his best friend's feelings for his hyung...but how could he contact him while he supposedly has no reception? He could use the excuse of going to town again, but that might be too dangerous. He doesn't want to accidentally let things slip. He just had to focus on the money, and finish this off fast.

He wants to be able to focus on Jeongguk, he wants to build a relationship with the boy. Instead, he's out here acting like he's part of a criminal drama and feels like he's a crazy patient from Grey's Anatomy. He wants to be happy again. And he's sure he will be...as soon as his father is gone. Until then, he can only hope he doesn't have another 'episode'.

-----------------

Y'all sure you still want this ship? it's a lot of work...

anyways i'll trying to focus on taekook for the next couple chapters as they've been somewhat neglected recently