0.30

chapter 30 

"what's gonna happen to john b?" india whispers in the dark. 

it was currently 3 in the morning, and she found herself not being able to sleep after everything that had been going on. 

"he'll probably go to mexico, or try to clear his name. i don't know" jj replies silently. both of them are staring at the ceiling, with india's head resting on jj's chest. 

"we'll get sarah to clear his name and then he'll come back home" jj assures, trying to convince himself as well as india. 

he had to admit, that jj was all about danger. he loved pushing the line between legal and illegal, and he sure loved running from the cops. but he had to admit, that this summer things had gone a completely different way than he had expected. 

for one, he had planned on hooking up with girls and blacking out at every party that he went to. he hadn't expected to be on a treasure hunt for 400 million dollars, and he definitely hadn't expected to get a girlfriend. 

it didn't matter to him, because at the end of the day, india mattered a lot more to him than a string of hookups. 

"what's gonna happen with us when my mother gets back?" she asks softly after a moment. 

jj turns to her, pushing her hair out of her face. 

"i don't know about you, but i really don't care what your mother says" he whispers back, offering the girl a small smile. 

"i don't either, but you get that she's going to try everything in her power to break us up, right? it's going to get difficult, and i understand if you don't want to deal with it" she continues. 

jj stops, his eyebrows rising as he leans back to take a look at her. 

"what are you saying?" he asks cautiously. 

india shrugs. "i mean, you're in this relationship to be with me, and you have a lot of problems of your own. i don't need to burden you with mine as well" she breathes in. "what i'm saying is that if you don't want to deal with my mother and you want to call it quits i understand" she whispers. 

"what? india, why would you say that?" he asks, his tone incredulous. "i'm not going to break up with you or call it quits just because your mother thinks that we shouldn't be together. i love you and i'm going to fight for us, okay? even if it means facing your mother" he assures her. 

india nods. "it's just when i was with someone, sooner or later they tended to dip as soon as something became too difficult" she explains. 

"well, india, then it's good i'm none of those stuck up dicks that you dated in the past. i'm not going to leave you" he tells her. 

"really, jj? you promise?" india whispers as she hugs him tight. 

the girl had been through a lot. rafe had practically destroyed her, because while he hadn't left their relationship, she knew that he didn't really love her for who she was. 

 she also knew that his way of dealing with their problems was drugs and other girls. at first, it hurt her a lot. 

the first time she'd found out that rafe had cheated on her had been because a friend of hers had visited outer banks for the weekend and she'd told india how rafe had hooked up with a girl basically in front of everyone. india had been heartbroken. 

at the time of course, she was convinced that rafe was the love of her life, and that they were meant to be, so when she'd gotten the news, she'd completely broken down. she didn't want to break up with him, so she did what she thought was right. she ignored it and hoped that rafe wouldn't do it again.