5

*・゚゚・*:

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

Had I known that Charles was actually going to play his role as a father today, I never would have told him I was going to a small village called Holmes Chapel. My original plan was to take the tram, but when Dad and Celia said they wanted to drive me, I seriously considered calling Harry and backing out on him.

"Why do you want to go to Holmes Chapel again?" my Dad asks. I roll my eyes from where I sit in the back seat, sending Celia a sarcastic smirk whenever she turns around and looks at me. I've already told my dad several times why I need to go to Holmes Chapel, but it's so typical of him not to listen.

"I'm having lunch with one of my friends and his family," I drawl before popping my earbuds back in and opening my book. I try to focus on the words written across the page to distract myself from the nervous feeling that's giving me a headache and making me nauseous, but when that doesn't work, I decide to close the book and watch the world pass me by outside the car window.

So many thoughts are running rampant in my mind, and I'm playing out my responses to every possible remark or question that Harry's family could make towards me. I've always been like this- getting so anxious before meeting or talking to someone important that I plan out what to say, change it over and over, and then run through it in my head like lines in a play.

There's this constant fear that I'll make a fool of myself for saying the wrong thing or not even knowing what to say at all. I sometimes wonder if because I feel the constant need to rehearse everything I say, not fully allowing my true personality to show through, this is the reason I can't truly connect with anyone. Either that or people are way smarter than I give them credit for, and they can see that I actually have no soul.

Who wants to be friends with someone who didn't even cry while watching The Notebook? I seriously didn't feel a thing, and honestly hate that movie. It's so predictable. If you didn't know that it would end with Allie remembering Noah then you're an idiot.

I turn down the volume of my music slightly when I think I hear my name slip off Celia's tongue. Apparently not even the loud sound of the Ramones can drown out her obnoxious rattling.

"Belle obviously has a date, Charlie," She says, twirling her hands through her overly fluffed blonde hair.

"I do not," I declare, shoving my things into my back pack and undoing the seatbelt when Charles pulls the car into the driveway of a decently sized home.

"It's okay if you do, sweetheart. You need to start talking to me more," Dad buts in, attempting to save Celia from my wrath.

In my haste to get out, I stop for a moment and stare into his icy blue eyes that have always terrified me. "Maybe when you actually start to listen to me instead of pretending like you care, I'll start talking."