10. supernatural business

s2e9: katerina

"Bryn? Why are you up so early?" Evan walked downstairs to see his daughter all dressed for school. "You usually wake up in half and hour."

"I'm meeting Elena and the Salvatores before heading to school," Brynley informed. "Supernatural business, you know?"

"Oh, did you want me to make you some lunch?" Evan offered and Bryn smiled at her dad.

"Nope, I'm good, I'll just buy lunch." Brynley assured her father before kissing him on the cheek. "Love you."

-

"Good morning, Tinkerbell." Damon opened the door to the Salvatore boarding house to see Brynley smiling at him.

"Good morning." Bryn replied and Damon closed the door behind her. As much as Brynley hated to admit it, she had become close with Damon. He was a cocky, sarcastic, asshole but for some reason, he and Bryn got along very well. She and Damon walked into the living room to see Stefan and Elena. "Good morning everyone."

"Morning Bryn."

"Do you want anything? Coffee?" Damon offered.

"Water, please." Brynley sat down and then turned around to look at Rose. "What the hell is she doing here?"

"B, it's okay," Damon promised and handed the girl a water bottle. "She has information."

"Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus, I know he's real." Rose began.

"Who is he?" Elena questioned.

"He's one of the originals, he's a legend." Rose replied.

"From the first generation of vampires." Stefan added.

"Like Elijah?" Brynley spoke up. Every since she saw Elijah, she couldn't shake this feeling she had about him. It didn't make sense to Bryn, he had literally kidnapped her, but she hasn't stopped thinking about him. She knew she had to eventually, since he was dead.

"No. Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal." Rose shook her head.

"Klaus is known to be the oldest." Stefan said.

"Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?" Elena tried to understand.

"Yes." Rose confirmed. "You and Brynley."

"What?" Brynley shouted, the fear immediately present on her face.

"No." Stefan disagreed and Damon and Rose began to bicker for a little while.

"Then we're looking at a solid maybe." Damon concluded.

"Oh, for fairy's sake." Bryn mumbled and ran a hand through her hair.

"Look, Elijah's dead, right? So no one else even knows that you exist." Stefan tried to make the girls feel better.

"Not that you know of." Rose reminded.

"That's not helping." Damon shushed her.

"It's really not." Brynley stood and began to pace around the room. So, a hella old vampire was going to come after her and make her do a spell she definitely couldn't do? Cool.

"Bryn, relax," Stefan sighed. "Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know if he's real. For all we know he could just be some sort of stupid bed time story."

-

"My dad is gonna kill me if he finds out I skipped school." Brynley shook her head as she, Damon, and Rose walked towards a cafe.

"You said you wanted answers." Damon reminded her.

"But I also want to graduate." Brynley sassed.

"You're going to graduate even if you miss a couple days of school, Tinker," Damon bickered. "And if you don't, I'll compel someone so you will. Back entrance. How convenient."

"That's the point. We can't all have little daylight rings." Rose pointed at Damon's ring.

"How do you know this Slater guy is even here?" Damon asked.

"I called him. He's here. He's always here." Rose assured them.

"Just one thing," Damon pushes Rose against the wall. "If you're setting me up in any way, I will rip your heart out and shove it down your throat. It's something I'm very good at."

"I'm older than you and stronger. Don't get on my bad side." Rose threatened. "You can trust me."

"You kidnapped me." Brynley mumbled and Rose shot her a look.

"You have that bracelet on, right?" Rose looked at Bryn and she nodded.

"Why do you ask?" Brynley wondered.

"Because we're about to go into a cafe full of vampires and your fairy blood," Rose replied. "Which is very appetizing, your bracelet dilutes the smell."

"Whoa. What about the sunlight?" Damon asked as the three entered a coffee shop that was very much full of sunlight.

"Double paned and tempered. UV rays can't penetrate. You see the appeal now?" Rose smirked.

"That and the free Wi-Fi." A vampire named Slater walked over to the three and exchanged greetings with Rose.

"Mmm, it's a long story but I want you to meet..." Rose began.

"Damon Salvatore. Turned 1864 in Mystic Falls by Katherine Pierce aka Katerina Petrova. So I take it I was right, what I told you about the tomb under the church was true?" Slater looked at Rose.

"Yes. It was right. Thank you for the tip." Rose smiled

"Now you," Slater turned to Brynley. "I don't know you, which is shocking."

"Brynley Fletcher." Brynley introduced herself and shook Slater's hand with a smile.

"A fairy, Amelia Hollis, married human, Evan Fletcher," Slater remembered and Brynley looked at him, both scared and impressed. "You're the latest of the Hollis line."

"I would love if you could keep that info to yourself." Brynley whispered and Slater nodded.

LIt's nice to meet you, maybe. What's going on Rose? Where's Trevor?"